Grand Prix 2019 Azerbaijan Grand Prix (990th GP) Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

RasputinLives

So Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Contributor
Just reallsed FB you are writing the PQR for Italy so feel free to regurgitate the fact I regurgitated in this thread and feel like an F1 smug hipster dick like me if you like.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
on that matter why didnt the fudge it & do all these pomp/ceremony at the 1000th F1 grand prix at monza in a far more fitting venue

Angel

Pole Sitter
Contributor
Welcome Jimbob :wave::moustache:

And so it begins, the first grid penalty of the season in only the 4th race of the season. Giovinazzi takes a ten place grid penalty for a third change of control electronics as Alfa Romeo upgrade their car. I am sure he feels very lucky to be the first driver to get a penalty like it this season. One thing is for sure, he sure won't be the last, that is for certain.

Ruslan

Podium Finisher
And so it begins, the first grid penalty of the season in only the 4th race of the season. Giovinazzi takes a ten place grid penalty for a third change of control electronics as Alfa Romeo upgrade their car. I am sure he feels very lucky to be the first driver to get a penalty like it this season. One thing is for sure, he sure won't be the last, that is for certain.
Well, it probably won't affect Giovinazzi's race. ;)

Test Driver
FP1 cancelled after Russel ripped the bottom out of his car on a loose manhole cover.
Recovery truck then hit a bridge driving it back to the pits with the crane that was still up dumping hydraulic oil all over the Williams.

Speshal

World Champion
Valued Member
A comedy of errors in Baku.

A manhole cover is lifted up, which poor George Russell then drove over absolutely destroying the floor of his Williams.

Then the recovery truck carrying the stricken Williams hits a bridge covering the car on the flatbed in hydraulic fluid...

300 manholes to check.

Test Driver
Hopefully the tub on the Williams is OK although given the way they have been performing half a floor probably wouldnt make much difference.

I think that Baku is a dangerous track, let's leave to one side for a moment what happened today, the main straight is far too long with the DRS since the speed differential among cars with and without DRS open is way too high. Also I believe that such a long straight is very dangerous afrer an SC restart, espeically when the lead driver tries to create havoc by backing up the whole field, basically the ones behind are bound to catch up a very strong tow and so they all get into a messy situation either at the first corner or even while they cross the line (when you're travelling at over 300 kmph you can't just lift, with the aero drag that those cars have it's like braking very hard, so in the past we've seen many times drivers overtaking after an SC restart before they crossed the line, IMHO silly and dangerous)

Angel

Pole Sitter
Contributor
Poor Russell, and after he wasn't feeling well either. Apparently he's had a respiratory infection and that was why he had to cancel some press stuff yesterday. His day is going about as well as mine by the sound of it!

As for the truck and the hydraulic fluid...... there aren't words. It's going to be one of those weekends isn't it?

Top Bottom