Grand Prix 2019 Austrian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Something different... Hope u enjoy
Lets hope for a great race guys!

Attachments

• The_Deer_Hunters_Rev.jpg
    The_Deer_Hunters_Rev.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Ok. That was kind of interesting. Drawn me back in again. Just putting this out there but Austria is usually a track Bottas bosses so don't count him out.

Was all set after Q1 and Q2 to give Gasly a bit of praise - what happened to him at the end of Q3?

Although we have a different driver on pole and a few cars out of position, compared to normal, I'm really struggling to build up any enthusiasm. Recorded the qualie and watched it later in the evening even though I could have stayed in and watched it live. The whole thing is just a bit dire, I hope this race proves me wrong.

Well how wrong was I, what a great race but gutted for Charles Le Clerc not to get his first win.

For a laugh, Dutch TV put on a live stream in a theatre for all the mad Dutch fans. Here's a taste - Giedo van der Garde on Twitter

Last edited:
So different from last weeks bore fest.So glad I wasn’t Ferrari that broke Mercedes run of victories. Even when they have the fastest car Ferrari still can’t bring it home for the win.Have to say though that Max Verstappens win today was a class effort by him.Also Lando Norris drove a really mature race also today.It would be great in a few years to have Verstappen, Le Clerc and Norris battling it out at the front.

There was no need for Verstappen to do that. Once again he does something which shows that he does not think of the consequences, those kerbs were not for crossing as Hamilton found out.

For Verstappen entering right hander with excessive speed with a car under control, he had to end up with him gravitating towards outer edge, regardless how much space he had on his right, and it was inevitable that at some point he will cross path with Leclerc. Whether he should bear some or all responsibility for it is the question stewards should be looking at.

I think he should be responsible for his driving. That diving off his into turns without worrying about others is really questionable. He has done it to Vettel a few times already. Here he banged his wheels against Ferrari (I think 2x), which is another issue.

All those who defend Verstappen, try to substitute names like Hamilton in a red car, and Vettel (in RBR), and ask honestly yourself, whether you would be just as benevolent to Vettel, as you are to Verstappen. This might be a true test of your objectivity.

What's with Ferrari and Vettel? Bad strategy, bad tire, bad or rather botched pit stop, WTH?

Last edited:
Quite cirrect decision. With over 50,000 Dutch fans ready for them the stewards did the inly thibg that they could. Having mixed with the Dutch at Spa and the Nurburgring We always got on well with them but after seeing what they are capable of cowardice is understandable.:o

Back
Top Bottom