Grand Prix 2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Ruslan

Podium Finisher
Of course, Lewis went on to win how many championships - three isn't it? - since his last known serious relationship broke up? Maybe we can expect the same from Valtteri.
Well, I did use to note that Hamilton would almost invariably get pole at those races where Nicolle was not present. When she was there, his results were inconsistent. I think he was a little distracted.

Jimbob

Test Driver
While Verstappen (260) should have it wrapped up, Leclerc (249) could take 3rd place in DWC from him this weekend.

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
Well, I did use to note that Hamilton would almost invariably get pole at those races where Nicolle was not present. When she was there, his results were inconsistent. I think he was a little distracted.
i dont blame him being a bit distracted. but it boded better that he now having more fun on track than off it

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
Bottas and Grosjean oh dear.
that was weird crash because 1st did bottas have to make that move in practise session. it was bit too far back probally. but Grosjean how is he looking in his mirrors for that long & staying on outside. "inviting" bottas then cutting him off

FB

Not my cup of cake
Valued Member
Wow, Sky really upped the anti with their pre-qualifying stuff and interviews. We had Johnny and Rachel buying a carpet (yes, really), we had a section on the Brundles racing around the Nurburgring which, as interesting as it was, had nothing to do with the Abu Dhabi GP. Then, between the sessions we had input from the walking personality vacuum that is Nico Rosberg and a man who's ego is visible from space, Fernando Alonso. None of which added anything to my knowledge of what is happening over the weekend.

:grumpy:

F1Brits_90

Race Winner
, we had a section on the Brundles racing around the Nurburgring which, as interesting as it was, had nothing to do with the Abu Dhabi GP.
i guess that was the city tour guide but that was irritating about that they advertising the half hour program of that feature of that so had to turn over otherwise it would ruin it.

on things i annoy me about sky. seeing
bottas pretending to look interested in a "spontaneous" petronas visit & that woman talking about going into moto gp got annoying months ago & when will fairfx be equals. its be "soon to be known as" all season

Il_leone

Champion Elect
The margin of victory for Mercedes shows what an uphill struggle the other teams have got in front of them to try and beat them in 2020.
Its not that much different when Schumacher and Ferrari were trouncing everyone back in 2002 and 2004 but wait they had superior tyres and spending buckets of money more than everyone else.

The difference between Hamilton/ Mercedes to the rest is they seem to working in harmony with each other , the next driver on the grid who feels at home is Verstappen so perhaps Red Bull with a bit more Honda grunt will be serious challengers. Ferrari have made so many mistakes this season and allowed Mercedes to walk away with the title at a chanter. Should Ferrari get their act together next season then things could get interesting otherwise the knives will be out for Binotto at least

Top Bottom