Grand Prix 2016 British Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

There will be no doubt what will be the talk of the town in Silverstone this weekend. The latest step down the road that leads the relationship of the Mercedes drivers to complete disaster will be discussed long and hard...

What may be missed is the 20 point swing Hamilton pulled off on that last lap in the hills of Austria, reigniting the Englishman's title campaign ahead of his home Grand Prix. Rosberg must stem the momentum or face a third year as runner-up.

Who will be challenging Mercedes in case of crash, strategy mess up or poor starts? Barcelona suggests that the Red Bull boys offer the sternest test at such a circuit. Ferrari will, as ever, be hoping to challenge but this circuit has been weak by Sebastian Vettel's lofty standards over the years.

Obviously, there will be the unique challenges of Silverstone too. The cold weather and the hard tyres often reduce the grip available. There may be changable conditions; there will be lots of wind. The pit lane is practically a legalised shortcut.

Of course, the main challenges are also the main attractions. Copse. Maggots. Becketts. Abbey. Some of the motorsport world's greatest bends, all in front of a noisy and possibly partisan crowd. This is truly one of F1's sepia-tinted classics, and long may it reign.

Im packing, I've mended my tent, it's ancient. And I've made this years flag. I can't wait!!!!!! :D:thumbsup:

image.jpg

I love going to Silverstone, the atmosphere is usually a good one and the crowds enjoy themselves. It is not a bad track to watch racing at, just hate the roads around it, the parking in 6 inches of mud and the fact that it normally costs a months salary just to buy a burger when on site :(

Having said all of hose negatives, will be there this year once again, and probably will be each year until they lose the race form the calendar.

I hope it's not too wet and windy racecub or too muddy come to think of it?
Forecast is looking pretty good. Can't wait till I'm....Sitting in the field( it's just behind copse) tent up, BBQ lit and bubbly opened. :chuffed:

The Pits I was thinking Rosberg might need a bit of support this weekend 8-)

Speshal UPSIDE DOWN!!!! NOOOOO! I checked as well against my Hamilton flag, so maybe that's upside down as well! :facepalm:( I didn't make that one it was ready done)
Ah well, maybe no one will notice if it's windy.

It's not upside down actually, but the multiple printing of the union design does make it rather confusing to look at, as it plays tricks with your eyes.

It's not upside down actually, but the multiple printing of the union design does make it rather confusing to look at, as it plays tricks with your eyes.
It isn't upside down, but it is back to front. The red strips on the white cross should be on the leading edge of an anti-clockwise rotation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom