Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 15.9%

Votes: 16 36.4%

Votes: 18 40.9%

Votes: 2 4.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
No. That doesn't really tell the story. There was some good racing. Ferrari lost it, rather than Mercedes winning. The new Haas came sixth, brilliant. The other Haas was very lucky.
Sainz and Verstappen were very entertaining, some good mid field racing.
7 from me.

Even though I didn't like the result I can't say that the race wasn't entertaining. Strong battles all the way through the field and Haas scoring points in a strong debut was worth staying up until 2 am to watch it live. I'm cautiously optimistic that Ferrari is going to be able to give Mercedes a fight.

An optomistic 8. We actually got to see teams try different tyre strategies thanks to the new tyre rules. There were some interesting things going on up and down the grid. A fresh season and a fresh start.

Thankfully we can forget about knock out qually.

6. was better than i thought it was going to be mainly due to the fact that the two Mercedes drivers didn't romp away from the rest of the field. Also the fact that Max Verstappen threw all his toys out of the pram aswell made it enjoyable.

I don't know what your broadcast was like in the UK, but I was amazed that the guys in the US didn't make a bigger deal about Ferrari choosing to run both cars on supersofts after the red flag. I understood the thinking behind it, but considering Ferrari had shown equal pace to Mercedes on the same compound at the beginning of the race I think it's a shame that they didn't try to fight Mercedes straight up until the end. At the very least they should have split the strategy, assuming Raikkonen's car doesn't catch fire.

The plan may have worked had they had new tyres of a softer compound. The best of those tyres had gone - after a red flag you must take your free pitstop unless you're in Hamilton's situation.

I don't know what your broadcast was like in the UK, but I was amazed that the guys in the US didn't make a bigger deal about Ferrari choosing to run both cars on supersofts after the red flag. I understood the thinking behind it, but considering Ferrari had shown equal pace to Mercedes on the same compound at the beginning of the race I think it's a shame that they didn't try to fight Mercedes straight up until the end. At the very least they should have split the strategy, assuming Raikkonen's car doesn't catch fire.
They were too busy going to commercials to talk about what was really happening.

I'm giving it a middle of the park 6 solely because I slept through my alarm and only caught the last 20 laps live, which meant I missed all the big incidents live and most the excitement was taken out of it when I watched the rerun later. Some positive looking forward though, although whether Ferrari are truly close enough to regularly challenge Mercedes is to be seen.

I don't think I have the time/energy to do CTA race of the year this season, sorry. Someone else is welcome to take it over if they like.

They were too busy going to commercials to talk about what was really happening.

I assume as much no matter where you are in the world, short of paying for a commercial free/limited service. NBCSports decided that a 2 plus minute commercial break in the first third of Q1 was a bright idea. So what little action the new qualy rules provided was largely lost over here.

It was much more intresting than 1 year ago:
the Australian 2015 race had 5,01 score (88 voters)

Last edited:
I assume as much no matter where you are in the world, short of paying for a commercial free/limited service. NBCSports decided that a 2 plus minute commercial break in the first third of Q1 was a bright idea. So what little action the new qualy rules provided was largely lost over here.
I used to live in the uk so I got used to sky's first class, ad-free (during the qually/race) production. It was no more expensive than my Verizon service now.

Watching NBC sports is painful in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom