Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 7 15.9%

Votes: 16 36.4%

Votes: 18 40.9%

Votes: 2 4.5%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am not as enthused as many seem to be,(having watched highlights only). No matter how you slice it, the fact of the matter is that the result was the all-too-familiar Mercedes 1-2. What is the difference in that?

Indeed, the Merc dominance is such that it allowed Hamilton to easily progress thru the field to his ultimate placing.

IMO, this season will be the same car-dominant boredom that the last two seasons have been.

It rates a 6 from me.

I am not as enthused as many seem to be,(having watched highlights only).

Indeed, the Merc dominance is such that it allowed Hamilton to easily progress thru the field to his ultimate placing.

Not that easily, he couldn't get past an STR and came perilously close to losing his 2nd to a Ferrari.

I enjoyed it a lot, 7/10

Usually Australian GP is a toss up for me.

First off: Thank god for Alonso being safe, seeing his car after wreck was terrifying.

IMHO The safety car destroyed the real excitement of the race. Pit strategy was extremely engaging beforehand.

Most frustrating point: WTF with Ferrari putting SS on Vettel after safety car? :o, *cringe*

Other notes: Felt bad for Verstappen getting stuck behind teammate, loved watching him keep Hamilton behind him early though.

Oh yeah and HAAS 6th place = awesome!

Hard one to mark. I marked it down because the results were affected by errors and of course Alonso's crash. The start had an impact on the entire GP. I always mark a GP highly when it's a display of clean skilful driving, this race was neither, though some of the lesser drivers had an opportunity to shine which helped.

I used to live in the uk so I got used to sky's first class, ad-free (during the qually/race) production. It was no more expensive than my Verizon service now.

Watching NBC sports is painful in comparison.

I would probably pay very good money to have access to sky over here.

Maybe it's because it's the first race of the season, but I really enjoyed it. Gave it a 7, as I loved Max getting his Anglo Saxon dictionary out - for no real reason other than being annoyed he wasn't ahead of Carlos, Alonso's carbon fibre confetti shunt, Haas getting a sixth place, Kimi getting the top of his head toasted, and Seb having a laugh at MW's expense on the podium. I thought Palmer and Wehrlein did pretty well too.

Yes, in the end a predictable Merc 1-2, but they had to work for it, and if Ferrari had been a little more circumspect on tyres, it might only have been a 2-3. I'm cautiously optimistic it could be a good (ish) season..............

8 out of 10. It was one of the better races Ive seen in a long time. Its nice to finally see someone take the fight to Mercedes and the only thing that cost Vettel the win was poor pit strategy.

Back
Top Bottom