Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Williams Martini Racing

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gethinceri

Lance Stroll Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan.
Contributor
So, let's nail our colours to the mast, shall we?

Very often I see posts complaining of others' bias towards a team clouding their judgement of the achievements and behaviours of others so I thought we might have a little repository for reference.
It might also be interesting to see where the affinity of CTA members lies, a representation of the demographic, if you will.
Feel free to post the reasons for your choices; historic, drivers, management, suppliers or whatever.
But please play nice, maybe a vote and one post explaining it without succumbing to the urge for a scrap with one another?

Easy one for me, Williams.
Team Principal struggle through adversity, both financial and physical.
Head of Design developing innovative and groundbreaking cars.
Home of many of F1's great drivers and most of my favourites.
Great colour schemes.
Fantastic success rate.
British.
Potentially on the doorstep of an epic return to victory.

Mercedes, partly because Lewis is driving for them, and partly as I like the cut of their jib. Was McLaren but too many years of stupidity has taken its toll. To be honest I don't really have a favourite particularly.

I don't really have a particular affinity for any team, however I like driver pairing of Massa and Bottas so I'll go for Williams.

So I suppose you could call me a netural fan!!

Williams, mainly because they were winning things when I first got interested in F1.

Tricky question gethinceri . Growing up, I would support anyone in a Williams especially Jones, Rosberg, Mansell and Hill. It was a fair bit harder to support the likes of Piquet, Prost, Jacques & Ralf but I did my best. I kind of lost the faith when one after another, all their drivers were forced out. Hill, Prost, Button & Montoya all got forced out one way or another so I basically stuck with Jenson from that point onwards.

So is Williams my favourite team now? I'm not sure. Bottas seems like a decent enough chap and obviously has talent, the same as Massa and they have got Smedley now which helps I suppose. I wouldn't say McLaren were my favourite team (even though my favourite driver drives for them) and I like Merc because Lewis and Nico are there.

Supporting Red Bull = Supporting Man United. Enough said.

Ferrari? :nah:

Dunno mate! All of the above :dunno:. They're all part of F1!

Williams .... for reasons ascribed above ....

with RBR being a close second... for being a fan of MW and DR

Ferrari. Probably because of Gilles, but also thanks to Gendebien, one of the drivers I admire the most (just like at my avatar). And then there's the cars, the p4 being one of of my favourites ...

I'm not sure I even really have one any more. Since the days of Hakkinen and Coulthard right through until 2012 I was definitely a McLaren fan. However, as time went on since 2007 I became as much if not more of a Hamilton fan. With McLaren seeming to drop the ball in the last couple of years, Hamilton leaving and McLaren moving to Honda engines next year I don't really feel like McLaren are the same team I've supported for all these years any more. At the same time Hamilton moving to Mercedes is not enough to make me a Mercedes fan. I want him to have a competitive car but I don't really have any sense of fondness for the team.

Back in the late 80s I was a huge Benetton fan, mainly down to the beautifully garish colour schemes. Following on from that I have decided the often grating designs adourning Force India's cars do it for me, so I'm going with them. If Di Resta had stayed I might have gone for someone else........

Nothing worse than a boring colour scheme. Why don't Ferrari occasionally go with a different colour like on on their road cars?? Maybe yellow, or the nice blue some of the Daytonas were painted.

Nothing worse than a boring colour scheme. Why don't Ferrari occasionally go with a different colour like on on their road cars?? Maybe yellow, or the nice blue some of the Daytonas were painted.

... they have done it in the past ...

js-usa64_zpsd710dc49.jpg

... granted, not as often as one would like ... :)

I like Sauber. Lotus is second for me and RBR third I guess, but that's mainly because I like Ricciardo and I think Vettel is ok too.

Not sure if you can really call them my "favourites" though, I like F1 as a whole, not just 1 team.

Ferrari, even though I started watching in the middle of the Schumacher years, I have always admired the way they work, and love their history, from the brilliant Enzo to thier gorgeous sportscars from the sixties and seventies (see the p4 in the profile). Made life much easier when my favourite driver (Alonso) moved there.

I have a soft spot for Marussia to, as they took me to Silverstone.

Clearly, it is Ferrari because they've got me so many likes in the last couple of years. ;)

But seriously, and without being much of a fan of anyone, and despite the sheer nepotism, it has to be Williams at the moment.

Narrowly edge out Lotus on the basis that the latter team effectively doesn't exist any more.

I really don't think that I have a favourite team. I have a few that I would like to see blossom, or re-blossom, Williams being one, and Lotus being another. I would also like to see McLaren swing back into the big time, But I'm not hugely keen on the management at McLaren.
I suppose my choices are based on my nationality (British) and I'm sure most other people will be led by their national predilections.
I do have some drivers from other teams that I would like to see do well. So it's a mish- mash for me.
I don't think I can nail my colours to a mast.

I used to be undecided, now I'm not so sure.
:)

My favourite two drivers are in Mercedes but as proof Williams are my favourite team I support Rosberg as he drove for Williams (hell I even supported Villeneuve and Montoya!) my Williams pen made it to Africa and back (and the only thing removed from my possession I got back) my mug is Williams, my work lanyard is Williams, the cap I sport at GPs is Williams and my F1 dedicated shelf in my display cabinet has all Williams car parts and a die-cast model.

You can't be British and not love Williams (despite Maldonado) surely?

Back
Top Bottom