• Sauber F1 Team

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Scuderia Toro Rosso

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Williams Martini Racing

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't have favourites as such but that's because I'm an old git and have often rooted for the underdog as much as for a home grown hero or top gun from anywhere else. This season is following a similar pattern. Right now Mercedes are "kind of" my favourite team because they seem to have the best ingredients. A great driver pairing, sweet motor and their results reflect a well rounded team approach. Having said that I'm not going to vote because it would not be pertinent to the exercise.

In reality, I just have one non-favourite team (who will remain nameless) which is down to maybe one or two of their HR assets rather than the team as a whole. That's a pain since I would happily vote for that bunch in a "Who's you least favourite team?" poll. That would be unfair on the majority of people working in it who, like most of the people in F1, command my undying respect for being in one of the premier leagues of engineering and sporting endeavour.

For me, until Honda gets back in the game next season, my fav is Caterham, simply because of Kobayashi, simply because he is the only Japanese driver in F1.

My favourite current F1 team is Mercedes, I was going to ditch them when they started culling their best minds culminating in the loss of Ross Brawn. But until the Ross Brawn effect wears off I will appreciate them, I suspect they'll start backsliding and pissing me off fairly soon though. Benetton, Ferrari, Honda and now Mercedes have all underestimated just how inspired and inspiring Ross is.

I have to ask, how many have voted for the team because their favourite driver occupies one of the seats?

Interesting to note I haven't voted because I can't decide! Maybe I should go for one of the ones not picked so they don't feel sad.

RasputinLives - Yeah, no, erm... that's absolutely not true. Your perception of your condition being affected by Red Bull is caused by a poorly functioning homologated NHS sugar sensor which suggests that Red Bull increases your blood sugar level, when our own readings would confirm that this is not the case. Any alternatives will be strongly appealed by Red Bull.

Based on the current results of this poll I feel that I can own up to which team is my least favourite. I do this in the expectation that I will not, after all, get lynched. And that team is ... :popcorn:... drum roll ... :popcorn: .... the one registering a big fat zero at this precise moment :thinking: ... :yesss:... it is ... Red Bull :cheer::cheer::cheer::moustache:. :thankyou:

I have to ask, how many have voted for the team because their favourite driver occupies one of the seats?

Nope, I started supporting Rosberg because of Williams. I want him and Hamilton to move on over.

Whilst I will be sporting a Mercedes cap this year, it is because I support the drivers, not the team, but rest assured I will be kitting out my other half in Williams again to show the love.

Funny how no one has voted for RBR or Torro Roso!

I don't do teams, only drivers, so can't possibly vote on this one.
I think I will allow myself to be truly arrogant and claim the higher ground! :p

Based on the current results of this poll I feel that I can own up to which team is my least favourite. I do this in the expectation that I will not, after all, get lynched. And that team is ... :popcorn:... drum roll ... :popcorn: .... the one registering a big fat zero at this precise moment :thinking: ... :yesss:... it is ... Red Bull :cheer::cheer::cheer::moustache:. :thankyou:
:ermmm: This is very sad.
Not least because Adrian Newey is a genius and a thoroughly good egg. :thinking:

Back
Top Bottom