• Sauber F1 Team

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Scuderia Toro Rosso

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Williams Martini Racing

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have a red bull tshirt, cap, bag, ear plugs and lanyard. I have been a fan of Williams and McLaren for as long as I can remember.

I follow all the British teams, and many of them I have a link to in some way or another, so I have an affinity. I used to like cater ham when they started out, but now it just seems to me that they are not trying hard enough, likewise marrussia. Toro Rosso have lost the spirit of minardi, who I used to like, and Ferrari I only ever followed in 1989, not really since.

So I cannot narrow it down further than that without upsetting at least one of my friends!!!

McLaren - Best of British, history and ownership structure aside, and mainly because of Hakkinen and the fact that I have a sentimental attachment to the Surrey area (Epsom, Woking and Shepperton) for various reasons. I remember when ITV run that advert "Can can Coulthard" before Silverstone 1998 and Mika made minced meat of him. I also like Lewis so I follow him wherever he goes really.

I've just voted for them based on their driver lineup, and their livery (yes, really). I have no affinity with any particular team, although of course I, like many others, like to see an underdog do well.

... they have done it in the past ...

js-usa64_zpsd710dc49.jpg

... granted, not as often as one would like ... :)
Bah! Too long ago. How awesome would this look on this year's car. Love the huge number and prancing horse!

Since Minardi went there has been no team that I have passionately wanted to support. I do have ten teams that I like to see do well and one who I like to see do reasonably.

What strikes me about this is that many of the contributors are saying that they like a given team because their favourite driver is there; this leads me to feel that you might as well have asked for favourite drivers instead.:whistle:

I don't see this pattern of favourite driver influencing favourite team choice you mention Bill Boddy a lot of people have chosen Williams and most of them support drivers that do no drive for Williams they may like the driver line up but they are certainly not their favourites these people include myself Hamberg gethinceri if I may be so bold as to name but a few....

I've always been a Williams fan since the early 90's but recent years have meant my support has always been towards the British drivers in F1 rather than a single team.
That changed when Manor decided they were making the step up to F1. I created my user name on 606 specifically for that reason.
Proper F1 from a proper northern team and none of that southern bollocks. They might not be quick and the name may have changed a couple of times but there's a white rose on the car and I'm gonna keep hoping they will do well!

Funny how no one has voted for RBR or Torro Roso!

I don't do teams, only drivers, so can't possibly vote on this one.

Although I've always had a soft spot for Williams, my primary allegiance is to McLaren, for the fact that they employ my favourite driver, and I find the whole team ethos inspiringly amusing. There can never be a surfeit of Ronspeak, as far as this observer is concerned - go Biomaton 22! :1st:

Any team that has to resort to employing Pastor Maldonado needs to take a long hard look at themselves, frankly - and I am delighted that WIlliams did so and are clawing their way back.:thumbsup:

Williams with over half the votes.

Does this mean that most members are now in there late thirties early forties and grew up watching Williams win everything and still have a soft spot for them?

I selected Ferrari because they were the team I supported when I last supported any team even though that was back in the 1995 period.
When I was a kid I was a McLaren fan first and foremost but I became a bit disgruntled with them after those shenanigans in 1989 when the team were imploding. Drivers, team boss, engine manufacturer.... no-one came out of it particularly well and it all left a bitter taste in the mouth.
So I switched to Ferrari but eventually they became a bit faceless to me as any trace of the founder's aura began dwindling and by the mid-nineties I never really followed any team in particular.

Last edited:
Then again, I suppose the idea was to tell about our favourite team currently so maybe I shouldn't have voted at all?... Ah well.

Funny how no one has voted for RBR or Torro Roso!

If I were a Red Bull supporter I would want to out myself on this forum, nor sign up for it.......
It doesn't surprise me.

Funniest thing concerning Red Bull I read came yesterday, that they should get punished for bringing the sport into disrepute because they are appealing the stewards decision which was made on a basis of a faulty device.
They aren't bringing the sport into disrepute because they are making use of their right. Teams that have really brought the sport into disrepute over last couple of years?
Renault (2008, Singapore), Ferrari (2010, Hockenheim). And of course my favourite team McLaren (2007, Spy Gate).

Sorry TO.

Last edited:
To explain my choice, the first season I watched F1 with any proper interest or understanding was 1980 when Alan Jones won the Championship in the FW07B. Williams will always have a special place for me because they were (and hopefully will be again) such a great team. As to nobody outing themselves as a Red Bull supporter GO SEB!

Back
Top Bottom