• Sauber F1 Team

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Scuderia Toro Rosso

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Williams Martini Racing

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Maybe the reason why no-one claims to be a Red Bull fan has to do with F1 fans'strong attachment to motor racing history?

You can equate Ferrari with Enzo, Williams with Frank, McLaren with Bruce and then Ron...

You equate Red Bull with...?

The lack of history may be something, but also just the general vibes given off by the Red Bull team have a large affect on potential fans.

FB we must be about the same age... its been a long time coming but I live in hope. Unlike you though I can't warm to Seb.

Ahem:
Feel free to post the reasons for your choices; historic, drivers, management, suppliers or whatever.
But please play nice, maybe a vote and one post explaining it without succumbing to the urge for a scrap with one another?

I'm a Mercedes Fan because I want to see a British World Champion, and I don't think any of the British teams can provide that. However after Mercedes, I'd pick McLaren, Williams and Lotus in that order, plus support Button over Rosberg.

I'm a Brabham fan fan.

Fan.png

I still class myself as a McLaren fan, but I'm temporarily supporting Mercedes whilst Lewis Hamilton drivers for them. When I heard Lewis was leaving, it did leave me a bit split, as I've always supported McLaren from Hakkinen to Raikkonen to Hamilton, but since Lewis came into F1 I'm much more of a Lewis fan now than a McLaren fan. I'll go back to McLaren in time.

I was a Ferrari fan through and through since 1998, and supported every driver who drove for them since, however come to the year 2008, I kind of lost interested in them even though both of my favourite drivers drove for them.Once Raikkonen left Alonso came in, I for some reason stopped supporting them even though Massa still drove for them.

I liked Toro Rosso once upon a time, but after 2011 I lost interest in them too.

Sauber was always my second favourite team, but after they came back from BMW's failure, they have become somewhat boring.

I still have the odd cheer for Ferrari, but I'm not the die hard fan of theirs that I once was.

When Lewis was at McLaren I was more of a Hamilton fan than a McLaren supporter. But now I can classify myself as a Mercedes fan because I really do like both of their peddlers. I'm obviously a fan of the Rosberg family and Hamilton is my favorite driver so it's a no-brainer. And if I had the money I would definitely buy a Mercedes-Benz. Maybe I'll settle for the black Mercedes baseball hat that Hammy likes to wear.

I have to say I've never really had one specific team in F1. I first started watching in 1990 and was cheering on Ferrari but had switched to Williams by 91. Had a mega soft spot for Jordan through the beautiful green period and was known to cheer on Ligier/Prost during the Panis era. As mentioned previously everyone loves an underdog and more often than not Minardi would bring a smile to my face. One of the best things I've ever seen in F1 was Christian Fittipaldi's finish at Monza that year.

The only team I've never been able to bring myself to cheer on properly is Mclaren as I really can't stand Ron Dennis. I can't even explain why I dislike him! Its just instinctive. I do like both their drivers this year though.

Bottas is one of my favourite drivers though so like everyone else I lean towards Williams as well.

I voted for Force India, as a team I love them. I started following them when DiResta came into Formula One. I know it may seem like I like a lot of different teams and drivers of late but instead of been a fan of one racing driver I've started to be more of a fan of the sport than follow anyone driver. However, Force India have become somewhat a team I love to follow :).

Back
Top Bottom