MotoGP 2014 Season

Didn't forget. Saw it, loved it. Good ol' elements threw in their fairly usual Assen style mixed conditions. The TV direction wasn't great but the Russian commentators were brilliant. They actually talked about the action and used words like "slickski" and "technologia" and reasonable (sometimes comic) pronunciations of riders names. So, without understanding any purely Russian lingo and following MotoGP.com's Live Timing I could follow all the action whether it was on screen or out of shot.

Moto3 and Moto2 were the usual tightly fought cut and thrust, whilst the big class did resemble an albeit rather good F1 race. Without giving anything away to peep's who will have to rely on ITV4 highlights it was a masterclass from certain riders who demonstrated tactical nous when the weather mixed things up.

For entertainment value throughout all the categories there were plenty of brain-fades and mishaps. A damn good day in on the ol' sofa, methinks.

Going to Wales with a:
  1. Circuit that isn't built
  2. circuit that doesn't have all the funding in place to build it
  3. Circuit that won't be ready for the first year of the contract, so they have to pay to host the race elsewhere!
This is after Silverstone have said that they could not afford to pay the hosting fees that DORNA were asking for.
So, in 2015, despite the contract being held for Ebbw Vale, the 2015 will be held elsewhere... (Donington? Silverstone? ), and then hopefully, they will have built the circuit for 2016....

Does this remind anyone of the Donington F1 grand prix?

The circuit is a white elephant that will drain yet more millions from the Welsh economy. If it ever opens I will endeavour to patronise it.
I have no need of preparing a hat to eat.

Not impressed with the layout, think this would have been more appropriate.

Wales.JPG

Now I'm off to book tickets for Jim Davidson's UK tour :D

Well it was a pulsating race at Arragon today.

It appears it was Marquez's decision to keep going when they were expecting him in the pits, so the post-race inquest should be interesting.

Very enjoyable races at the weekend in all catergories.
Such a pity Rossi crashed out (and what a crash - ouch!) I assume he's okay or we'd have heard something.
I think it's the first time this year Marquez has made a proper cock-up, thank goodness he's human! I will give him 10/10 for style on changing bikes though :)
The riders were all very lucky to come out of the race pretty much unscathed considering some of the crashes, even MM tried to hang onto his bike & could've broken a wrist.
Well done Jorge for reading the conditions perfectly, huge round of applause for Aleix and Cal for some tactical nous and getting on the podium.
Doesn't seem to be any hard feeling from Miller/Marquez jnr over their Moto3 tangle, it'll make the rest of the season fun to watch. Has there ever been two brothers win Moto championships in the same year before?

Somehow I can't see this week's F1 race being quite as exciting...

Back
Top Bottom