Pre-GP Quiz 2013 Monaco Grand Prix

The only reason I got one is because I wrote an article on Graham Hill, and for question 10 I thought you could cover the whole track with just one dice...:embarrassed:

gethinceri - Yeah, I said that 1,000,000 dice could fit on the track, and the dice I was thinking of had a surface area equal to 1/1,000,000th of the surface area of the Monaco circuit?

Can I have another point?LOL

Ah, but remember that the surface area of a dice is 6 times the surface area of the base of the dice.... As such, if it's going to be 1,000,000 dice, the surface area of the dice would need to be 6/1,000,000ths of the surface area of the Monaco circuit... (sorry, smart alec!)

That fact about the dice was used by Crofty in FP1 this morning. He used a different source for the fact though.

There is no standard size for a dice, even a small difference in size would make a massive difference to the overall number used....

And with Crofty's facts lately I'm surprised he didn't come out with, how long would it take for a goldfish to flap it's way round the circuit....

Back
Top Bottom