Grand Prix 2013 Italian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Sebastian Vettel is unstoppable.
He is leading Alonso by 46 points in the championship, with some of his most successful circuits to come.
After convincingly winning at Spa (supposedly one of his weaker circuits) we move on to Monza (another of his supposedly weak circuits) for the 12th round of the season, the Italian Grand Prix. The Monza circuit, set in a royal park, has hosted the Italian Grand Prix every year except for 1980. It is vastly different from every other circuit in the calendar, requiring minimum downforce, minimum drag and a lot of horses in the engine. As it is Fewwawi's home circuit, they will be under immense pressure from the Tifosi to perform well, and, judging by their Alonso's performance at Spa, the team may as well be in a good position going into the race.

Monza is steeped in tradition, with the traditional cantilever grandstands, the traditionally vocal fans and the traditional surroundings. It is usually a place where many major driver announcements are traditionally made, as it is traditionally the last European race of the season. Of course, Ferrari & McLaren traditionally do well here, and Red Bull traditionally do not.

Last year, Lewis Hamilton strolled through the race weekend, winning convincingly, and Sergio Perez took a quite brilliant second place in his Sauber, with the Fewwawi's third and fourth. Red Bull did not score.

The weather is usually a predictable affair - there have only been three wet/varied races since 1950 (1981, 2004 & 2008) so expect it to be warm and sunny. The tight first chicane, however, leaves potential for first lap incident.

Remember, the race is live on both the BBC and Sky in two weeks, so British fans - no excuse for missing it!!!

All that remains for me to say is Ready, Steady, Discuss!!!

Last edited:
Moist
Screen Shot 2013-09-04 at 10.41.24.png

Incubus I couldn't watch that clip from 1996 all the way through as I know what happens to Damon due those stupid bloody tyres some stupendously mind numbingly thick idiot thought would be a good idea to stop drivers cutting the chicanes, they weren't even there during practice or qualifying the first time the drivers had to cope with them was in the race itself...

Un ****ing believable....

Last edited:
I think it's photoshop FB , Genii is normally on the place where Namakia is and Namakia isn't a sponsor of Lotus. They have a longer wheelbase though, although that might not be so visible.

But it looks really nice.

Last edited:
Looking a bit ominous again today that the Red Bulls look strong on a track that has been one of there weaker tracks historically. On the plus side though the thermal image camera that was used today was a really good way to show the heat going through the tyres when the car was going through the corners.

Alonso seems to be the only competition again but I'm predicting an error while the Ferraris attempt to tow. On the plus side though DRS will be fairly redundant due to the super skinny wings so any overtaking will be hard earned.

Back
Top Bottom