Grand Prix 2013 Italian Grand Prix Practice, Qualifying & Race Discussion

Sebastian Vettel is unstoppable.
He is leading Alonso by 46 points in the championship, with some of his most successful circuits to come.
After convincingly winning at Spa (supposedly one of his weaker circuits) we move on to Monza (another of his supposedly weak circuits) for the 12th round of the season, the Italian Grand Prix. The Monza circuit, set in a royal park, has hosted the Italian Grand Prix every year except for 1980. It is vastly different from every other circuit in the calendar, requiring minimum downforce, minimum drag and a lot of horses in the engine. As it is Fewwawi's home circuit, they will be under immense pressure from the Tifosi to perform well, and, judging by their Alonso's performance at Spa, the team may as well be in a good position going into the race.

Monza is steeped in tradition, with the traditional cantilever grandstands, the traditionally vocal fans and the traditional surroundings. It is usually a place where many major driver announcements are traditionally made, as it is traditionally the last European race of the season. Of course, Ferrari & McLaren traditionally do well here, and Red Bull traditionally do not.

Last year, Lewis Hamilton strolled through the race weekend, winning convincingly, and Sergio Perez took a quite brilliant second place in his Sauber, with the Fewwawi's third and fourth. Red Bull did not score.

The weather is usually a predictable affair - there have only been three wet/varied races since 1950 (1981, 2004 & 2008) so expect it to be warm and sunny. The tight first chicane, however, leaves potential for first lap incident.

Remember, the race is live on both the BBC and Sky in two weeks, so British fans - no excuse for missing it!!!

All that remains for me to say is Ready, Steady, Discuss!!!

Last edited:
Kimi is out of the championship I say that because last season Lotus began to drop off a bit from the front runners so I am expecting more of the same now till the end of season. Time for that team to sort out what car they want next year

What race of the year did Kimi win his only GP of last year in? Think you need to go back and watch your 2012 DVD review disc because actually after a slump in middle season team Enstone were actually back in touch with the front runners as the season closed off.

Don't let facts get in the way of you knocking the team AGAIN though.

RasputinLives

He was already out of the championship by then when he won that race last year.

and the Lotus was never on the pace of Mclaren, Red Bull and Alonso last year around this time

Last edited:
Well RasputinLives, for once i think Il_leone is right. :D
I read somewhere that Lotus has only two or three updates or something like that left for this season, because the car has almost hit the development ceiling. Next update is a longer wheelbase for Monza.

Think Red Bull said they have an update at each GP for the rest of the year.

Never mind the Singapore SLing what about the Rettifilio at Monza ..always a guarantee for first lap trip over because everyone has to slam the brakes and squeeze right left right

Well, that's it then, no response from Jos the Boss. Had to get the big bag out, it's packed ready for all contingencies. Seat chosen, boarding pass printed off, hotel booking, tickets, flight back info printed, couldn't print Euros so had to buy some (poor rate of exchange, devaluation not mentioned by Osbourne). See you all next Wednesday (it's so much cheaper to fly back Tuesday rather than Monday that the saving pays for an extra night at the hotel and all meals).

Back
Top Bottom