2013 A Record Breaking Year

Fenderman

Rooters Reporter
Some interesting facts for stat's fans about the season just gone from:

http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2013/12/15356.html

It would be interesting to know what the records regarding drivers and teams points would like if they were corrected to take account of the different systems employed over the years.

I particularly liked this record:

"The 2013 season saw Kimi Raikkonen set a new record for scoring points in consecutive races. The Finn’s record run began in Bahrain in 2012 and ended an astonishing 27 races later with a DNF in Belgium. He surpassed Michael Schumacher’s previous record of 24 consecutive points-scoring races by finishing fifth in Britain in July."

One can see why Ferrari were so eager to get Kimi back and why Lotus were rather foolish to lose him!

Last edited:
The thing is though when Schumacher set his record they were only giving points for the top 6 which really makes his run look far more impressive than Kimi's.

On top of which one could argue that due to the quality of the Enstone car he dam well should be in the top 45% of the race finishes if he is going to finish which once again lands the credit for the 'record' acheivment firmly at the door of the wonderful reliability of the modern F1 car.

I'm pretty sure Kimi doesn't care. I don't think he has any ambition to be Max Chilton anyways.

Last edited:
That is a lot indeed Greenlantern101 .
Now what was that the FIA were saying about the importance of keeping costs down again?... I suppose urging F1's tyre supplier to design tyres that fritter away if you look at them for too long was a truly brilliant way of keeping costs down wasn't it?

The thing is though when Schumacher set his record they were only giving points for the top 6 which really makes his run look far more impressive than Kimi's.

Indeed.

Fenderman's note: Due to posting things in the early hours it is not until the light of day that I notice my mistakes. When I said:
"It would be interesting to know what the records regarding drivers and teams points would like if they were corrected to take account of the different systems employed over the years."

Of course that should read ""It would be interesting to know what the records regarding drivers and teams points would look like if they were corrected to take account of the different systems employed over the years."

Back
Top Bottom