FIA 2012 FIA Formula One World Championship Entry List

Its funny how no one pays attention to that Marussia rookie..

Charles Pic? He got talked about on the 2012 rumours thread I think. He's actually pretty quick on his day. Personally I think by the end of the season he'll be out pacing Glock - not that anyone will notice.

I think currently F1 is so chocca with drivers coming through that winning GP2 doesn;t mean the certainty of a good drive in F1 or even a drive in F1 at the moment (ask Grosjean) - I think you have to take your chance of getting into F1 when you can.

D'ambrosio is actually a good example. Its true he's out on his ear and he's not got a drive for next year but he's had nothing but positive reviews from everyone in the pit lane and I bet you he gets more consideration for drives now than he did before his year at Virgin. Whether we'll get back in or not we'll see but I still think he's progressed his career.

If Pic can beat Glock next year - which I think he can - he's certainly gonna boost his rep and have the advantage of whoever wins GP2 by having a years experience in an F1 car.

There's a solution to this, relax the rules on customer chassis and engines (allow customer chassis, but specify that you must have a different engine to the team you bought your chassis from, and no badge engineering!), expand the grid to the Monaco limit (if it's not already) and bring back pre-qualifying.

Can I revisit my idea of two divisions of 18 or 20 teams in F1, both racing to the same rules, on the same weekend and at the end of the season the bottom two teams get relegated and the top two promoted?

Can I revisit my idea of two divisions of 18 or 20 teams in F1, both racing to the same rules, on the same weekend and at the end of the season the bottom two teams get relegated and the top two promoted?

Yes, please do! Especially now we have Sky F1 to broadcast Div 2!

Back
Top Bottom