FIA 2012 FIA Formula One World Championship Entry List

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
Here it is then (already revised due to mistakes in the earlier versions).

2012-fia-f1-entry-list.PNG

http://www.fia.com/en-GB/mediacentre/pressreleases/f1releases/2011/Pages/f1-entry-2012.aspx

Only 3 teams registered as British, that must a new low? You also have to question the point of this list when most of the drivers names are TBA unless it just to make sure the teams pay their bond.

There have been some in the past who have used it.
Just silly superstition, I agree.

There are obviously discussions ongoing between Renault and Petrov.
He already has a contract so to not be confirmed at this point suggests they are trying to get rind of him for someone else.

Only one team officiaily left using the "Bargain Basement" Cosworth as well. I've no idea who HRT will end up using but if they can find enough spare change down the back of the sofa to buy a couple of Ferrari units then Marussia would be left even further behind. It's such a shame to see Timo Glock who is a driver with some talent banging away at the back like that.

I'm sure it would help HRT with the design of next year's car (supposedly well underway) to know which engine they were going to put in it. If only for this reason I think Timo will have at least two drivers to play with next season.

Off-topic, I read a throwaway line in Autosport from Gary Anderson after Abu Dhabi, commenting that Williams appeared to have the largest radiators in the pitlane. I wonder if there's a heat rejection issue with the Cosworth - and if that might explain the overall poor performance of their car this season, with no other glaringly obvious cause.

The HRT engine situation is just them failing to do paperwork right? I've heard no rumours they plan to run anything else but Cosworth and if they did I'm sure they'd have made a bit more song and dance about it all.

Unless there brokering some sort of deal with the second driver - Ok we'll run Bianchi/Bird in our second car if you give us last years Ferrari/Mercedes engine.

Can't see it though - I bet it'll be Cosworth.

Williams appeared to have the largest radiators in the pitlane. I wonder if there's a heat rejection issue with the Cosworth

That, or else the tight packaging of the FW33's rear end meant that they didn't get so much passive cooling. Red Bull, McLaren and, to a lesser extent, Ferrari and Mercedes all have much larger engine bay vents than Williams.

Anyway, back on topic. I too can't see HRT running with anything except Cossie power next year, if only because no major manufacturer will want to be associated with them...

Anyway, back on topic. I too can't see HRT running with anything except Cossie power next year, if only because no major manufacturer will want to be associated with them...

Ferrari used to be fine running round at the back with the Minardi's. Ford with the Pacifics too so don't think thats the case just doubt HRT can afford anything but Cosworth.

Having said that the new investors did promise a more 'Spanish' feel to the team - Could we see a SEAT F1 engine? surely not.

Back
Top Bottom