2012 F1 driver line ups

Torro Rosso are set to tie up with the Cespa oil company, which may influence whether Jaime Alguersuari is kept for 2012, although it is believed the oil company's involvment will be beneficial for Alguersuari's chances it won't mean that he is guaranteed the seat.

Anyone else here think that one of the new teams on the grid should snap up Heidfeld for next season and run a rookie alongside him? HRT would be a good team for him to go to and if Riccardio is still there then he'd learn a great deal off Heidfeld.

Does he really want to go to HRT though? A team that has had probably had the most driver changes in 2 years?

He already got punted out once :p

You make a good point though, lotus and virgin have experienced drivers HRT don't.

Well if he wants to stay in F1, i'm sure he'll take any drive thats going. It's not like he needs the cash he's probably earned a good few million in his time in F1. If i was him i'd certainly take a punt with a team like HRT as it's a team he could build around himself and he'd get clear number 1 status with his experience.
Also its not like he's gonna get a top drive now is it really. His chance of that was in 2001 where he'd messed his interview up with Ron Dennis to get the 2nd Macca seat next to DC in 2002. Plus there was BMW aswell where he'd got on the podium a few times. Unfortunately his age now counts against him getting a top drive and his time at Lotus Renault this season he hasn't really covered himself in glory bar that visit to the podium in Malaysia was it?

The early rumors are Hiedfeld could be moving to BMWs WTCC operation. I cannot really see weare he fits in F1 for 2012. Cannot really see him going to HRT there rep is less then good and will Nick be wanting to go to a job where he is looking over his shoulder for guys with more money to replace him.

Maybe going back to Mercades and hope Schumi retires maybe an outside bet, but thats looking increasing unlikey from the tone of what ive been reading about him, and may not even first choice on there list.

I don't think Heidfeld would've taken all of 2010 and the first half of 2011 to get consistent if he were placed in the Merc at the start of 2010, but Schumi's start status offsets this.

Personally I think Heidfeld going to HRT would be like Gwyneth Paltrow marrying some B-class warbler like Chris Martin. He's above HRT so the marriage would never work. Similarly, Martin's blatant inderiority as a specimen will soon drive Gwyneth into my vice-like grasp.

See what I mean?
You'd be the first.

latest situation

Red Bull confirmed
Vettel
Webber

Mclaren
Hamilton
Button almost certain after today

Ferrari
Alonso
Massa

Mercedes
TBA
TBA

Renault
TBA
Petrov

Williams
TBA
TBA

Force India
TBA
TBA

Lotus
Kovalainen
Trulli

Virgin
Glock
TBA

Toro Rosso
Alguarsuari/ Ricciardo/ Buemi

HRT
TBA
TBA

Sauber
Kobayashi
Perez

All the top drives appear to have gone although it only takes a driver fall out with team to change the whole situation like Alonso with Mclaren to change the whole market

Mercedes

Schumacher has a contract for 3 years but until the last two races there has been speculation that he may retire before he sees out

Rosberg has not signed yet because he is still looking at drives with Mclaren/ Ferrari or Red Bull

The other conundrum is Di Resta as he is a MErcedes driver and this has complicated his Force India contract . Depending on what happens with the driver line up at Mercedes this will determine if Di Resta stays at Force India or not

Force India

Sutil's positions depends on sponsors as well as what happens with Di Resta as they are under some pressure to promote Hulkenburg

Renault

They are still hopeful on Kubica as Petrov has the sponsors money. Senna and Grosjean are other options

What will Renault do if Senna performs? Grosjean looks really good for the future, and I am sure most people including I expect Grosjean to be in the second seat next year if Kubica doesn't come back.

With Senna performing it could change, but it looks as if Petrov has the upper hand.

Well Boullier is now saying Kubica has until mid October if he is to prove that he is good enough for the 2nd Renault seat, otherwise it will probably be given to Senna or Grosjean.

Back
Top Bottom