2011 Silly Season

Brogan said:
teabagyokel said:
Surely someone wants the 2008 nearly-World Champion?
Only if someone else wants to drive alongside under the 2010 nearly-World Champion.

It would be hilarious if Massa left and di Montezemelo had to announce to a stunned press pack that Ferrari couldn't get anyone to drive with Alonso, so they'd have to run one car/Giancarlo Fisichella/Luca Badoer!

re:Ferrari--

I hear that Piquet Jr would be willing to return as FA's team-mate. I think Alonso would be agreeable with the idea. ;)

Ricciardo to be Torro Rosso's Friday tester next season and Hulkenberg at Force India. Two Germans in cars powered by German engines at FI then (maybe), although Sutil to Renault is another rumour doing the rounds.

Malanado unsuprisingly will race for Williams. FI, Toro, Virgin, HRT yet to reveal thier linups, and the Reanult seat, is all reamaining now.

He becomes Venezuela's 3rd driver after:

Ettore Chimeri who retired from the 1960 Argentinian GP (from last) with 'exhaustion' and 18 Grand Prix driver Johnny Cecotto who drove for Theodore and Toleman in the 80s, scoring one point.

Is there any substance to the rumours that Group Lotus are planning to buy Team Lotus from Gascoigne for 60m and he will then use that money to buy into Renault?

"Malaysian car manufacturer Proton – owner of Norfolk-based sports car company Group Lotus – has confirmed its interest in the Renault F1 team ahead of the 2011 season, with rumours continuing to circulate that the Enstone squad could change names.
Yes, that's the intent,” Datuk Syed Zainal Abidin Syed Mohamed Tahir, Proton’s Managing Director, explained to Malaysian newspaper The Star of the company’s interest in the Renault outfit.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2488 ... enault-f1/

Perhaps they will.Strange no one has seen this.Team Lotus trademark has been revoked.

TRADE MARKS ACT 1994
IN THE MATTER OF APPLICATION
No. 83358
BY GROUP LOTUS PLC FOR REVOCATION OF
TRADE MARK No. 2297413A
STANDING IN THE NAME OF
TEAM LOTUS VENTURES LIMITED

BACKGROUND
1) The following trade mark is registered in the name of Team Lotus Ventures
Limited.
Mark Number Registration
Date
Class Specification
TEAM LOTUS 2297413A 12.09.03 41 Sports entertainment services,
motor racing, club services,
hospitality, organisation of
competitions and events.
2) By an application dated 17 October 2008, Group Lotus Plc applied for the
revocation of the registration under the provision of Section 46(1)(a) claiming there
had been no use of the trade mark on the services for which it is registered in the five
years following the date of completion of the registration procedure. A revocation
date of 13 September 2008 is sought.
3) On 6 January 2009 the registered proprietor filed a counterstatement denying the
applicant’s claim.
4) Both sides filed evidence. The matter was due to be heard on 11 January 2010.
However, on 6 January 2010 the registered proprietor consented to the revocation of
the trade mark. The trade mark is therefore revoked in full as of 13 September 2008.
5) As the applicant has been successful it is entitled to a contribution towards its costs.
Both sides have provided written submissions on the issue of costs. The applicant
seeks costs at the top end of the Registry scale, as it states that it made repeated
requests for evidence regarding its claim to entitlement to use the mark in suit and
also evidence relating to the issue of consent. I note that the issue of “claim to
entitlement of use” relates to the period some considerable time prior to the
registration of the mark and is therefore not an issue that should be considered under a
revocation based on non-use. While I therefore reject the request to award costs at the
top end of the Registry scale, I do accept that Counsel for the applicant would have
carried out some preparatory work (such as on its skeleton argument and submissions)
at the point at which the registered proprietor consented to the revocation. I order the
registered proprietor to pay the applicant proprietor the sum of £1,100. This sum to be
paid within seven days of the expiry of the appeal period or within seven days of the
final determination of this case if any appeal against this decision is unsuccessful.
Dated this 26 day of January 2010
George W Salthouse
For the Registrar,
the Comptroller

http://www.ipo.gov.uk/types/tm/t-os/t-f ... o02610.pdf

sportsman, you seem to know more about this then i do,

but thats saying that the TEam Lotus trademark is up for grabs right? and the appeal of it, doesn't actually say weather it was successful or not?.

Breaking news on the BBC sport website!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 267715.stm

Group Lotus have now officially bought into Renault and will be known as Lotus Renault next season.

The chief executive officer of Group Lotus, Dany Baharm, said: "I can think of no better platform for automotive brand communications than motorsport and F1 is the very pinnacle of open-wheel racing.

"We're well aware that there has been a lot of controversy around the usage of our brand in F1 and I'm delighted to be able to formally clarify our position once and for all: we are Lotus and we are back."

Group Lotus has ramped up its involvement in Formula 1 by becoming title sponsor and a major shareholder in the rebranded Lotus Renault GP Team.

As AUTOSPORT exclusively revealed in October, Renault has revised its F1 strategy by selling the stake it had in its F1 team back to co-owners Genii Capital and will now focus on being just an engine supplier.

That move has allowed Genii to sell a stake to Group Lotus - which has led to a renaming of the outfit and a move for the team's colours to be in iconic black and gold next year.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/88616

sportsman said:
That move has allowed Genii to sell a stake to Group Lotus - which has led to a renaming of the outfit and a move for the team's colours to be in iconic black and gold next year.

I thought it was Team Lotus (2010 Lotus Racing) that were planning on racing in black and gold next season?

http://www.lotusracing.my/news/black-go ... acing.aspx

If Group Lotus (2010 Renault) are planning on racing in the same colours there will be even more confusion especially as they are both going to be powered by Renault engines.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom