• Bruno Senna

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lucas di Grassi

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Brogan

Legend
Staff Member
Quite a few contenders this week including Bernie Ecclestone for holding a race on a completely unsuitable "circuit".

What about the Hamilton-Webber incident? Are either of those drivers worthy of the award this week?

Plenty of other incidents which may or may not factor in your decision making.

Only one contender as far as I'm concerned; Mark Webber.

Comprehensively out qualified and then runs out of talent trying to take a corner, using Lewis as a 3rd brake.

Chump!

Kovalainen for me. For not taking the opportunity to pit when his car was on fire and then standing in the middle of the track with a fire extinguisher, leaving foam everywhere. Chump.

Gumshoe said:
Kovalainen for me. For not taking the opportunity to pit when his car was on fire and then standing in the middle of the track with a fire extinguisher, leaving foam everywhere. Chump.

Ehh?

Considering Lewis comprehensively got the chump award for Monza for running into Massa, it will be interesting to see how this vote pans out for an identical incident but Webber this time being responsible for it.

Gumshoe said:

He could of driven into a very flammable environment where most of the people there are not wearing fireproof overalls, instead he calmly parked his car well off the racing line and put the fire out himself. The guy deserves a medal.

The Chump is between Kobayashi and Webber. I've not seen enough of the formers incident but I've seen enough of the Webber/Hamilton incident so my provisional CotW goes to the aussie.

I've got absolutely no idea who to vote for for this one. Given that I only managed to catch the first half of the race I thought Webber was doing a reasonable job of working out the strategy that he'd been given and his overtakes of Koby and Schuey were quite good. Add that to his speedy reactions when he found himself in a bit of a tank slapper and all in all it was panning out to be quite a good race for him.

Having not seen the incident in question save for one still picture on the BBC website of Webber up the inside of Hamilton then I can't really say much more on that. Suffice to say that everything I've read here and elsewhere firmly lays the blame at Webbers door with the sole excetption of Anthony Davidson who on the live text feed said that the Steward should take no action as both drivers were going for it and it was a racing incident.

So I'm a little stuck on this one. My gut feeling is to vote for "Quick" Nick who, granted has been out of racing for a while but still managed to hit just about everything there was to hit out there and managed to get out shone by his far less experienced team mate.

For the reason that I didn't see the Webber incident I think it has to be a weekend to forget for the returning Nick Heidfeld.

No choice, Mark Webber. It's one thing being tough to overtake it's another entirely to be beaten into a corner and deliberately engineer a crash. This was not a simple "racing incident", Webber could have avoided the situation but chose not to.

F1Yorkshire said:
Gumshoe said:

He could of driven into a very flammable environment where most of the people there are not wearing fireproof overalls, instead he calmly parked his car well off the racing line and put the fire out himself. The guy deserves a medal.

The Chump is between Kobayashi and Webber. I've not seen enough of the formers incident but I've seen enough of the Webber/Hamilton incident so my provisional CotW goes to the aussie.

Yeah. Thinking about it now, I agree. I've changed my vote.

It's interesting that Lewis was roundly slated for his move at Monza and received 80% of the vote, with Massa getting none at all.

2010 Italian GP Chump of the Weekend

However, he is also getting votes here despite it being a mirror image of exactly the same incident.

Funny that.

I think I'll go and change my vote to Massa on the other thread just to even it up a bit as apparently it's not the guy on the inside who is behind who should yield, but the guy on the outside who is ahead.

I voted for Kobayashi, nearly took out schumacher, then put himself in the wall. I almost voted for senna, for being slow and accident prone, but the HRT does have very little downforce.

I'd like to vote for the stewards who thought that Webber did nothing wrong in spearing Hamilton off the track.

But as far as drivers go, I vote for Webber. Qualified poorly compared to his teammate and then ruined Hamilton's race by failing to avoid running into him, Lewis clearly having beaten Mark into the corner and leaving room on his inside. >:(

Brogan said:
Only one contender as far as I'm concerned; Mark Webber.

Comprehensively out qualified and then runs out of talent trying to take a corner, using Lewis as a 3rd brake.

Chump!

Got to agree, Webber was damn lucky...

How does Hamilton hit Massa and his front wheel goes....then Webber does the same to Lewis and it's Lewis' back wheel this time, is it me or is McLaren's suspension a little flimsy?

Webber has run into the back of several competitors this year, Lewis on a couple of occasions, but this was by far the most avoidable.

By entering the corner the way he did, there was always going to be a collision there. He had already lost the position due to the Virgin, he was pissed, and he just chucked it off the curb and rammed into Lewis' McLaren.

I posted this video in the Race Thread as well, but I'll put it here too. Pretty much covers all the angles (From YouTube)

It has to be Senna. Klien was faster than him by quite a margin during the whole weekend. It was also quite stupid to run into Kobayashi like that. Klien's performance this weekend shows how poor the drivers of HRT have been throughout the season.

The Webber-Hamilton -incident was clearly Hamilton's fault. Hamilton should have given Webber more room.

Whole weekend considering, Senna. Outqualified by a driver who hasn't driven too much and then crashing into crashed car.

Puhoon said:
The Webber-Hamilton -incident was clearly Hamilton's fault. Hamilton should have given Webber more room.
Out of interest, who do you think was at fault in the Hamilton-Massa incident at Monza?

Racing incident maybe but Mark had no chance of making that corner if he hadn't hit Lewis - he gets my vote (possibly biased by the amount of people he's hit this season)

Back
Top Bottom