2010 British Grand Prix Preview

Oh yes, that famous manufactured comment... Let's hope he doesn't manufacture a penalty for Lewis this weekend!!!

MajorDanby said:
Let's hope he doesn't manufacture a penalty for Lewis this weekend!!!

Given Lewis's track record (sorry) with the stewards, anything's possible!

fat_jez said:
MajorDanby said:
Let's hope he doesn't manufacture a penalty for Lewis this weekend!!!

Given Lewis's track record (sorry) with the stewards, anything's possible!

Fat_Jez! What you talking about??

Lewis has them wrapped around his little finger this season :sos:

ROFL

Thought some of you guys might like to see some classic highlights from Silverstone.

1950 - The First GP

1978 International Trophy Race (5 Parts)

1985 Overtakes

1988 Wet Race (Full Race) - P1/10

1989 Overtakes and Incidents

I echo Incubus' comments oh and I'll throw in one of these

I don't think I've ever seen footage of a GP from that long ago so that's incredible to see.

Check those car transporters out :D

Keke, I dunno how you do it, but you have my sincere admiration for digging up that old footage. Excellent job!

Thanks for the comments, I'm glad you all like the videos.

If anybody wants to see footage from another year, just let me know and I should be able to get it posted pretty quickly.

Keke, have you got footage of the 1980 British GP? I'd love to watch those Ligier and Williams sweeping through those fast curves at Brands Hatch at the height of unrestrictted full ground-effect on F1 cars.

This is terrible Keke, because of you, I can now easily see myself totally neglecting the duties of every-day life and instead be glued to that computer-screen for the foreseeable future!

Excellent Keke cheers.

I don't suppose you also have footage of Hamiltons Silverstone win in 2008 do you?

Still only seen parts of that race!!!

Muchas gracias :goodday:

2008 will be subject to FOM restrictions and as such would likely to arouse Bernie's interests!( or more accurately, his lawyers)

Ahh a pity, must admit I did forget about that little bit of legal red tape. How many years are the FOM restrictions in place for after the race?

*edit - restrictions*

MajorDanby said:
Ahh a pity, must admit I did forget about that little bit of legal red tape. How many years are the FOM in place for after the race?

As long as FOM exists, they will exert copyright over any material they own. Any clip that appears on Youtube disappears very quickly, although the older footage (from the early 80's and before) is probably OK, unless the copyright holder for that has it pulled.

Bernie is certainly very proactive about looking after his material.

I'd like to thank Keke for taking the trouble to find some of the really old F1 footage, including Silverstone 1950. I will not tell you how long I stayed up last night watching previously unseen footage of that very first race.

I then followed various links allowed me to watch all sorts of stuff. Some of which refreshed memories (1978 for example). And it was good to see James Hunt again, being interviewed after aquaplaning off at Stowe (along with a handful of others). Only 5 finished the race and there is some truly classic audio from Murray Walker, who persists in giving out 'duff gen', particularly with regard to which lap they're on and how many laps are still left to run.

- Good ole' Murray eh?… if only Legard could be so amusing. The thing is, Murray's mistakes were so obvious that it didn't matter that he told us they were on lap 32 when everyone knew it was lap 36 but him. But Legard?AAAAARGHHH :givemestrength:

Back
Top Bottom