Movies 17 Reasons why I now hate Star Wars

On the note of storm trooper armour, it's not only blasters that defeat the armour, In Return of the Jedi they are defeated by, of all things, the might of a home made bow and arrow with a crudely formed stone arrow head. You couldn't make it up.

On the subject of the miracle shot to destory the Death Star, not only did the torpedo turn through right angles but also managed to not hit the walls of the tube all the way down to a point at which the explosion would have been large enough to cause a problem. Given that the Death star was supposed to be 161Km across, yes that's 161000 metres across, the shot would have to travel down a small tube for almost 80Km before detonating and given that we know that it explodes on impact (we know this because the first two fired do) then that is one incredible shot. Also, you can't say that the reactor was closer to the surface than that because we know it wasn't from the mission brief given to the pilots in the room.

Also, Luke has just joined the rebel alliance, he has absolutely no experience flying fighters and his only experience of combat is the rather bizarre habbit of killing small animals at random back home on the farm. He would have no idea about tactics or how to handle a big fighter such as an X-wing. It's a bit like asking someone who's qualified to fly a little prop driven plane at the weekends to go out and fly a Eurofighter. I know they have R2 units but Eurofighters are equipped with ultra modern flight computers, your weekend pilot still couldn't fly one in combat.

I loved Star Wars, as did my kids and nephews. Pure fantasy, easy Christmas shopping and Harrison Ford - what more could a 20 something mum/aunt want! 8-)

Anyone who pooh-poohs the first 3 episodes is seriously deranged! :crazy:

:twisted:

I hope you aren't talking about me and my siberian hunting squirall named Dave Jen?

For what it's worth, those films provided the back drop to my happy childhood. It's only as an adult I realised what a total pile of chunder they actually are.

I would make the assumption that after detailed analysis of the plans for the death star, the technical people decided that the proton torpedoes would work. Maybe there was some shielding on the vent that prevented the torpedo from hitting the edge, much like the LHC, just throwing it out there, they did after all say that the vent was "ray shielded"

What really got on my nerves was the fact that the empire manged to build a space station that could destroy planets, yet they couldn't beat the Ewoks who lived in tree houses and thought that C3PO was a god, and there main weapon was the use of tree trunks.

On the subject of the miracle shot to destory the Death Star, not only did the torpedo turn through right angles but also managed to not hit the walls of the tube all the way down to a point at which the explosion would have been large enough to cause a problem. Given that the Death star was supposed to be 161Km across, yes that's 161000 metres across, the shot would have to travel down a small tube for almost 80Km before detonating and given that we know that it explodes on impact (we know this because the first two fired do) then that is one incredible shot. Also, you can't say that the reactor was closer to the surface than that because we know it wasn't from the mission brief given to the pilots in the room.

Also, Luke has just joined the rebel alliance, he has absolutely no experience flying fighters and his only experience of combat is the rather bizarre habbit of killing small animals at random back home on the farm. He would have no idea about tactics or how to handle a big fighter such as an X-wing. It's a bit like asking someone who's qualified to fly a little prop driven plane at the weekends to go out and fly a Eurofighter. I know they have R2 units but Eurofighters are equipped with ultra modern flight computers, your weekend pilot still couldn't fly one in combat.

You underestimate the power of the force.

Why is it that Yoda shuffles around with a walking stick and is old and slow but the moment he starts fighting he bounces around like Zebedee on crack....

Boing time to stick you with my lightsaber..

16) The rear following fighters may be acting as aditional shielding. It is well known by Starwars nerds that the tie fighters sacrificed shielding for increased speed and maneouvring abitlity. The x-wings and B wings carrying out the bombing runs however did have shields. It is feasible the rear wingmen were extending these shields to cover the lead fighter to allow it a smooth targeting run.

3) R2D2 rolls well in sand because his wheels work in sand. Just like the lunar rover, just like the mars rovers. Designed for purpose.

So instead of shooting down the TIE fighters they just used up their valuable shield power until it ran out and they were shot down. Interesting and ultimately unsuccessful tactic that saw all bar 2 of the Rebel fighters destroyed. That's a bit like their cunning plan on the ice planet Hoth of escaping by flying directly at the enemy. Sounds like they being run by General Melchett. "Yes I know that's the plan we've used the last 15 times therefore it's the very plan that they will least suspect we would use again"

They didn't 'use up' their shields until they were shot down. They 'sacrificed' their shields to ensure the missions success. and untimately it did succeed.

4) The sand people concealed their numbers by moving in single file. I would suggest a single file path in the sand made by 5 Banthas looks the same as made by 500 Banthas.

Surely by that same logic, a double file path of 6 Bantha's would look like a double file of a 1000 by that logic.

The mission was only a success thanks to someone trying the traditional trick of actually shooting at the bad guys.

LOL This is fun.

Back
Top Bottom