Poll Who is better: Fernando, Lewis, or Sebastian?

Who is better?

• Total voters
Josh Sorry my trackside errors comment was in regard to 2012 with the super long pitstops and the fuel miscalculation in Spain etc.

Along with the 2 mechanical failures that Lewis had, while comfortably leading those races at Singapore and Abu Dahbi, which eliminated him from any reasonable chance at winning the 2012 WDC.

I never understand why F1 personalities make comments like that.

Clearly the reason Vettel has 4 titles in a row (pretty much) is because of the performance advantage he has enjoyed, not to take anything away from him. I doubt it's because Fernando Alonso is now unstable, or perhaps Dr Berger knows something we don't.

In terms of driving Hamilton is pure genius.
That may be your opinion but it ain't mine, you can't just use the word genius about somebody with nothing in terms of proof to back it up, he has ability and so do many other drivers but I don't see his ability as an entire package greater than any other driver, I'll grant you he is extremely good on a one lap basis but on overall race pace and ability he is no better then many others or maybe everyone on the F1 grid is a genius and compared to us at driving they are...

I voted Alonso because I like him but the fact is Vettel wipes the floor with the pair of them, all they see is his exhaust pipes pissing off to win the races and championships and any other record he can be bothered to collect just for the fun of it Lewis and Alonso in Vettels league,,, they wish...

Actually I've had a paradigm shift in my thinking about Vettel the more he wins the better I like him and the funnier other peoples reactions to him winning are I actually found myself cheering him on in Japan I wanted him to win I reckon by next year I'll be a full blown fan and even his finger won't bother me...

Last edited:
the discussion of Vettel going down as all time great came up on the BBC . Whilst Vettel may still be considered as one , Alonso may have missed the boat to be one according to Eddie Jordan

One must wonder if Alonso had not had a fall out with Mclaren and whether he would have been 5x WDC now and considered the greatest modern day driver

EJ may have friends that feed him information about driver movement from time to time and this seems to make him in the know and his opinions seem to be valid, most of the time he talks absolute shit.....

the BBC right played more pro Vettel in the snippets when you have Horner and Marko talking about him , then you had Schumacher his mentor and the only driver opinions were Alonso,Button and Hulkenberg

Was Schumacher his mentor? A mentor to me is someone who teaches passes on skills over a long period of time and guides someone to their full potential.

I believe Schumie has been a supporter and offered advice over the years but mentor is a bit strong.

We hear it used all the time. Webber is Ricciardo's mentor (I've never seen them talk), Barrichello was Massa's mentor.

Its all rubbish. They're just drivers who hang out.

Sorry. Rant over.

FB surely there can be no doubt left in anyone's mind who the best driver in the world is today can there...

Rosberg finished half a minute behind Vettel...

Last edited by a moderator:
I put it this way to friend the other day. Vettel has had every chance of winning the championships over the last few years. His closest rivals have all had half or at least half a chance.

Last edited:
What I resent at the moment is having to read endless articles telling me that Vettel is a great, if not the greatest ever judging by the years he has left to accumulate yet more statistics in his class of one. I resent that the tone of all these articles is somehow akin to a long string of bad salesmen trying to sell me something they don't actually believe in, almost as if the writers of these articles are trying to convince themselves that watching one man humbling the rest of the grid is somehow a worthy and excellent thing, and that an utterly one-sided and predictable display every other weekend should be held in awe and we ought to be bloody grateful to witness such perfection.

Well, I'm not bloody grateful, frankly. Oh yes, I can appreciate that Seb has done something unique and special, but to be quite honest, it isn't a spectacle I can find any enjoyment in watching. Relentless dominance by one competitor, in any sport, removes the element of "sport", with all its highs and lows, that compells us to watch in the first place.

I do not follow F1 to watch "my" driver notch up win after win after win - I watch for the possibility that he might win, and if he cannot, at least he has a good battle with he that does so eventually. I can find none of the fierce joys of watching a decent competition at the moment, only the terrible lows of grim predictability and dull repetition as the same epithets are bandied about weekend after monotonous weekend by the usual suspects.

I know that this is not Vettel's fault, or Horner's, or Newey's - I know that this is exactly what they strive to do, race by race, season by season - but their success has reached a peak that there is simply no joy in watching it anymore: not for me, at least. I cannot simply turn off my seething indifference and embrace das Finger either - it goes against my very marrow to switch allegiance.

Perhaps at some point in the future I will warm to young Seb, much as I did to old Schumi when he tottered out of retirement, but to be quite honest, I can see myself looking back on the current era of F1 and saying:

"...it was impressive, what they did, but God I was glad when it was over!"

:disappointed:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom