US GP Site Announcement

Keeping up with prospective racetrack schedules is usually not my No.1 hobby, so no, I didn't know any of that.

Neither is it mine.But I am an F1 fan.So naturally I follow progress of any new circuits being built.Austin.India.Sochi (Russia).

More photos of the construction work.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-photos/6698//

Can anyone tell me what this is for?

178641.jpg

^^^^^ not a clue and even my secret weapon didn't work (I only found out about this yesterday so apologies if you've heard it before)

Say there is an image you want to know more about - open google images in a separate tab, then grab and drag the image in question and drop it onto the google images tab in the search bar - tahhdaaahh

The rig is towing a trailer known in the US construction industry as a "Belly Dump"or alternatively "Bottom Dump" trailer. It's used for dumping aggregates, sand, earth or similar materials in a controlled fashion. It's configured as a top loaded hopper with a smaller dump "gate" underneath.

Saw this on the BBC website today

Three Austin citizens have filed a lawsuit that threatens the 2012 United States Grand Prix. The trio want to prevent plans to use $25m (£15.6m) of public money from the Texas state's Major Event Trust Fund to cover the race fee demanded by Formula 1 chief Bernie Ecclestone.

Although I'd love to see a race back in the U.S I do think they have a point. I know I'd kick a fuss up if some of my council tax ended up in Bernies pocket!

Will it effect the race your reckon?

I know I'd kick a fuss up if some of my council tax ended up in Bernies pocket!

Will it effect the race your reckon?

I'd kick up a fuss if my council tax ended up in the Olympics organisers pocket............ oh hang on.....

I hope it doesn't affect the race, it would be great to see F1 back in America, got to learn them damn colonials there are more than 4 corners on a "track" ;)

It will all hinge on whether or not the organisers can convince the local community that they will get a return on the investment in terms of income to the local economy. Having done that and hosted a race the future will depend on whether or not that return came to pass. If it is seen to be a subsidised event it will be shot dead quicker than the Clanton's at the O.K. Corral.:)

The Austin City Council approved the funding by a 5 to 2 majority.
This funding however does not come from local Austin taxes.The money comes from the "Texas Major Development fund"

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92748 The Australian V8 Supercars will race in Austin, Texas, from 2013 after agreeing a five-year deal to compete at the new Circuit of the Americas facility.
V8 Supercars already has a strong TV presence in North America through broadcasters SPEED TV, and as part of the deal the network will televise the two 200-km races live throughout North and South America.
Although a date for the race is yet to be set, the deal also represents the first time an Australian motorsport series has held a full championship race in the US - and has been hailed by V8 Supercars chairman Tony Cochrane and Texas Governor Rick Perry.
"This is a huge deal for V8 Supercars and one that all Australians should be proud of," Cochrane declared.
"North Americans have embraced V8 Supercars through the SPEED network in a way that is beyond anything we could have imagined.

Landing other 'series' deals should help! Seems strange that there was opposition within the city council when it's Texas footing the bill and their own community should benefit from new job opportunities and income generated from the tourism associated with race events.

So far they have F1, MotoGP and Aussie V8 Supercars.Other series that they are talking to are Indycar, AMA Superbikes and even a Nascar race.Nascar do also race on road tracks apart from the usual ovals.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/92707 A number of drivers ended up feuding following the first road-course race of the Sprint Cup series season as NASCAR continued being true to its policy of letting drivers police themselves on the track.
NASCAR's self-proclaimed premise of being a contact sport was evident once again during Sunday's Sprint Cup series race at Sears Point, a track that due to its stop-and-go nature and long braking distances provides plenty of overtaking but also many opportunities for incidents to arise.

Back
Top Bottom