US GP Site Announcement

Just watched the video, looks like a bit of a climb into turn 1, I assume they'll have got rid of the yellow earth movers by the time we start the race & the speed bumps just before they start to climb.....:D

Neither do I.Out of interest the state of Texas has withdrawn its $25 million per year for the US GP.
This in in response to taxpayers demands that they should not have to pay

Interesting. What sort of proportion of the overall budget spend would that represent? Does it put the USGP in jeopardy?

That's a large chunk of money to find though, at relatively short notice.

I must admit, I hadn't realised the state was bankrolling the project.

US tax laws are very different to the UK.Almost certainly much of the money will be raised by locally applied taxes by Travis County and by an increase in ticket prices.
I don't have great knowledge of US tax laws, but they do have systems whereby locally applied taxes are paid directly to local authorities thus remaining in local control.Not paid to or disappearing into National taxes as they do in the UK.
As a simple example, if you stay in a hotel in Austin you will pay a local hotel tax.This tax goes directly to the City of Austin.Not to Washington.

Wow can't believe how much they've done already. It looks a nice site aswell, can't wait to see F1 going back to the USA.

2005's fiasco couldn't be helped, but Michelin should have been heavily fined back then for turning up to a track with tyres that were clearly not race safe.

Lets hope that F1 can produce a cracker of a race on it's return to America.

It's looking good so far, It's on target isn't it to meet the deadline?

Yes its well on schedule.There is a small issue over access roads but thats easily resolved.
And contrary to other reports there are no issues with the $25 million grant from the Texas Development fund.
Thats just a politician spouting off looking for re-election.
The video is filmed from the top of hill leading up to turn one.

Looking good, you can just start to see where the outline is of parts of the track, nice to see where there will be elevation. Looking forward to the next video to see how it is progressing. Like the film approach too........

There are some new developments as you may have already heard, and if so, I apologize.

1. The date is June 17th 2012 as has been published in the calendar.
2. There has been an agreement with the local government to improve one of the major roads.
http://impactnews.com/central-austi...way-to-formula-one-revving-up-for-renovations
3. The construction progress has been recorded once again, this time for the month of May.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QN9runMi9w
4. Austin keeps $25 million State committment
http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/politics/senate-keeps-25m-for-f1-austin

Looking good, like the time lapse approach for the video's. I assume once completed they link all these together and show a curcuit from birth to racing?

I'm sure they will

In terms of the circuit layout, is it a classic Tilkedrome or is it different? Yes Turn 1 is cool but what about the rest? Would have loved to see those esses with a massive gradient in it like Road Atlanta has but they look nice nonetheless.

It certainly looks somewhat of a better layout than previous Tilke tracks. For a start there might be some elevation which'd be nice.

I haven't looked through all 7 pages but does anyone know if there are any plans to bring other series to the track? It's one of my pet peeves with F1 that new tracks are built, and then the only race they hold is the F1, pretty much.

There are so many great tracks in the USA that I still find it ridiculous they're building an entirely new one from scratch. It would be good if they could get some proper US racing on the circuit, some IndyCar or ALMS, or maybe a few world events, MotoGP, the new ACO championship, etc. I don't know if the track has capacity to extend an oval, it would feel like a proper racing circuit if it started to build it's own history with different types of cars, rather than the sad states of tracks like China where the only history they have is 6 years of one type of racing.

Enja,

MotoGP will certainly be going to Austin. I'm not sure about anything else yet. At one time, Bernie inserted clauses preventing Indycars racing at F1 venues, but I don't know whether he's still bothered about that these days, given the decline in interest.

It certainly looks somewhat of a better layout than previous Tilke tracks. For a start there might be some elevation which'd be nice.

There are so many great tracks in the USA that I still find it ridiculous they're building an entirely new one from scratch. It would be good if they could get some proper US racing on the circuit, some IndyCar or ALMS, or maybe a few world events, MotoGP, the new ACO championship, etc. I don't know if the track has capacity to extend an oval, it would feel like a proper racing circuit if it started to build it's own history with different types of cars, rather than the sad states of tracks like China where the only history they have is 6 years of one type of racing.

Didn't you ever look at the circuit details.There has been enough of them on all motorsport press.
Yes there are elevation changes.Yes Moto GP is going there.Yes ALMS will race there.

http://www.circuitoftheamericas.com/overview.html

Back
Top Bottom