Movies The worst film you ever saw.

The day after tomorrow is complete shit it is all special effects crap acting and zero storyline...

Also anything with Will Smith, Eddie Murphy or Jim Carrey in it exaggerated over acting for cheap laughs these people just can't pull it off there was only one man that could and that was Steve Martin. and even he was terrible at stand up...

The Transformer films are all in the same mold as Day After Tomorrow---acting (if you generously refer to it as that) is simple filler between special effects. Therefore acting talent is absolutely a low priority.

I don't agree about Will Smith--I think "Independence Day", "I, Robot" and the original "MIB" are very good movies.

At least Transformers has a storyline and a bit of action, and isn't slow to start, unlike....PROMETHEUS!!!!

Damn I was looking forward to seeing that I wont bother now...

Ignore em and make your own mind up because I thought it was great. Its not a summer blockbuster and you'll come away going what the hell but you'll still be thinking about it days after.

If you're wanting Cameron's Vietnam in space - marines killing Aliens then this ain't for you but if you prefered Ridley Scotts strange claustrophobic brain scratching tense Alien then give it a go

Thanks RasputinLives we were going to see it last weekend but didn't, based on the reviews here I was in two minds but having read your comments I have reverted to my previous view that I am not expecting to see Alien (s) or Predator or Alien v Predator but I am looking forward to seeing a virtuoso display of mind blowing CGI, thought provoking socialogical theory and a gripping tale to combine the two.

Sounds like my kind of film then.

The original Alien is a classic, with the scene in the ventilation shafts being one of the tensest/suspense filled of all time.

wow so Prometheus being a let down ! I think they were supposedly to be doing a sequel as the events are 30 years before Alien

I have to agree with RasputinLives AVP Requiem was simply awful even some taboo moments which includes a boy getting a chest burster and the hospital scenes

RasputinLives FB
The point of Contagion is to show what happens when diseases/ viruses spreads into epidemic and showing how it strains everyone involved who succumb to it eventually because there is no cure.... imagine that thought you're trying to keep positive and tell the patients and everyone that there is a cure and everything is under control..when in reality there is not and eventually anyone who catches the disease/ infection will die

It also displays the side of human society breakdown - everyone will only care about themselves in situations beyond their control

some films need watching a few times to understand
I mean I am not a fan of Pulp fiction but everyone says its great

I remember about 15 years ago " SHOWGIRLS " yes that film about being a stripper in Las Vegas was seriously panned but it seems to have an iconic status now

I'll need to watch Prometheus to make judgement

Remember the crew start off as space explorers backed by the Weyland corporation. I am sure I heard it right they left it as a possible sequel to bridge the gap to Alien

I have to say I was disappointed by Star Wars Episode 3 - Revenge of the Sith because Hayden Christensen was just so wooden

King Arthur starring Clive Owen was not great because it was nothing like the supposed legends and stories about it

I really turn away from watching comedies with

Owen Wilson ( who actually changed his tact from Enemies of the state and Armageddon) , Adam Sandler , Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn ( apparently he was Norman Bates in the Psycho remake)

Watching films with all these guys together is a waste of your time..

Now for Transformers - the films are about a robotic war on Earth so special effects takes precedence over acting and that is what fans pay to see although some people had this warped idea just to stick Megan Fox for 2.5 hours and forget everything else in the film

Independence Day is not bad although it was simply a mash up of two films - War of the Worlds and one other film put together

Back
Top Bottom