The 2013 Season

How very lovely that we seem to think that they need a break. Does it take three weeks to move all their shit from Bahrain to Barcelona?
No
What a crock.

Three week breaks drive me mad too but I knew a couple of 'regular' Benetton employees years ago (IT staff) who couldn't wait to get a few days at home after weeks away on the other side of the world.

Tight at the top isn't it? Although I think it's a 3 way fight for the title.

I don't know if anyone noticed but after the first four races, the number of overtakes was already higher than the total for the whole of the 2009 season LOL

Yippe! More like Nascar every year! Now all they need to do is get rid of those pesky corners and put some proper bodywork on the cars. And add a few random safety car episodes to bunch the field up every now and then.

Yep, that's what we want; never mind the quality, feel the quantity.

Brilliant idea! Nico and Lewis qualify on the front row again, then proceed to lap the circuit at 50mph two abreast. They'd only have to cover about 48 laps as the 2 hour limit would take effect.
When to pit without being undercut by everyone else might be a bit of a headache though. Perhaps they could start with options on the front and primes on the rear so they'll have used both compounds without having to stop.

Quick question about next year's engines, what will the turbo boost pressure be? I know in 1988 it was 2.5 bar, 1987 4 bar.

I'm not sure how long this season will stay a three way fight. Ferrari certainly have the strongest package at present. Vettel is yet to beat an unwounded Alonso. His first win came in Malaysia when Alonso was parked in the gravel, his second win came when Alonso had DRS failure. It's always been said that the results in Spain give a good indication of the pecking order for the rest of the season. I'm not sure I'd go that far but it probably indicates how the season will run through to Hungary. Red Bull certainly need to find some answers. The times we've just seen in Spain were extraordinary. Vettel finished 38.5 seconds behind Alonso despite the fact Alonso was easing off on his last lap. The gap between them just prior to their final pit stops was close to 40 seconds. The biggest threat to Alonso this season appears to be Kimi, though I don't think it will be enough to stop Alonso this year and unless Red Bull find something I can't see Vettel defending his title. My pick is Alonso may well win the Championship with a GP or two to spare. Yes I know I said that last year too but this is a very different Ferrari. :victory: Looking forward to Monaco as always, though it's likely to be a bit of a lottery.

The changes to the tyres may change everything of course. Yikes! I hope Alonso's and Ferarri's hopes don't take a dive. We'll all know soon enough I guess, you never know they may benefit along with others. :thinking:

Well, I do think Ferrari will be better placed than Lotus to adapt to any change. The problem I see is that they've had their misfortunes and maybe not really made hey while the sun shone.

Back
Top Bottom