The 2011 Season

Massa basically should have won Germany last year.

With all due respect, RBR, McLaren and Ferrari are a virtual match on race pace now. Ferrari have better KERS than RBR and a new clutch that helps them get away better from the start line. In addition, the law of averages suggests that Massa will out-qualify Alonso 20 to 35 percent of the time and finish ahead of him (Massa's already finished ahead legitimately in 2 of 6 races.) So, there's no reason to count out Massa for a race win. Further, this year there's no chance of Felipe' moving over for Alonso because he was cruelly crucified back home in Brazil after Germany and he has his F1 future to salvage. If he wants to be taken seriously by team managers, he won't be moving over for Alonso at any stage this year if he's ahead.

I'd love to see Schumie win a race Jos, just to shut all his doubters (including me) up but unless Mercedes make some radical improvements to their car I just can't see it happening.

I have Massa down for a GP win this year.
I have schumi down for a win at korea, spa,monza or india

And pigs might fly.

.... or Red Bulls and McLarens beat each other up, earn a shed load of drive through penalties, mess up their pit stops and destroy all of their tyres way before anyone expected, apart from the viewing public of course who could see all this coming. No I'll go with no-FIAt and apply the Flying Pig principle to all of the above:)

The joy F1 - we, the viewing public, don't actually have the faintest idea. We can second guess all we like and cheer on our driver/team and then get really arsey when none of our hopes/predictions come to fruition.

Lets play a thought experiment:

It is June 2008. Ferrari have just scored a one-two in the French Grand Prix. The Championship stands thus:

CTA.jpg

Who expects Fernando Alonso to win a race this year?
Who expects Sebastian Vettel to win a race this year?
Who expects Rubens Barrichello to be on the podium in the next race?
Who expects Toro Rosso to beat Red Bull in the Constructors' Championship?

Don't start talking flying pigs.

In retrospect, I do believe the term may lack respect but one can't deny it sums up what some of us expect. Shame really.:disappointed:

Its not about respect, though. I just don't believe that you can ever know what is going to happen next.
Several of us make top 10 predictions before a race, none of us ever get 'em all right!
Some ludicrous things have happened in Formula One history, which no-one predicted. Examples include:
  • Olivier Panis winning Ligier's first Grand Prix in 15 years in Monaco in 1996
  • Johnny Herbert winning the 1999 European Grand Prix for Stewart
  • Fernando Alonso winning the 2008 Japanese Grand Prix without a Safety Car aid
  • Roberto Moreno qualifying an Andrea Moda for the Monaco Grand Prix in 1992
  • Peter Gethin scoring 9 of his 11 F1 career points winning the 1971 Italian Grand Prix
  • Jean-Louis Schlesser ending McLaren's run by colliding with Senna in 1988
  • Nelsinho Piquet on the podium at Hockenheim, nearly winning it!
  • Fisichella winning at Interlagos in the middle of Jordan's decline
If these, and countless other things, never happened it would be quite boring. But even weeks before any of these things you could say "Pah! When pigs fly!"

Lets play a thought experiment:

It is June 2008. Ferrari have just scored a one-two in the French Grand Prix. The Championship stands thus:

Who expects Fernando Alonso to win a race this year?
Who expects Sebastian Vettel to win a race this year?
Who expects Toro Rosso to beat Red Bull ...?

Don't start talking flying pigs.

Who expected BMW to immediately stop all development on the '08 car with Kubica 2nd in the title?

Who expected Raikkonen not to win next until August of 2009?

Who expected Nelson Piquet Jr to purposely crash his Number 2 Renault within 2 laps of Alonso's Number 1 Renault coming in for it's rather early pitstop?

:)

Who expected BMW to immediately stop all development on the '08 car with Kubica 2nd in the title?

Who expected Raikkonen not to win next until August of 2009?

Who expected Nelson Piquet Jr to purposely crash his Number 2 Renault within 2 laps of Alonso's Number 1 Renault coming in for it's rather early pitstop?

:)

Just picked 3 examples. There are so many for 2008 (which is why I picked it)!

I'd love to see Schumie win a race Jos, just to shut all his doubters (including me) up but unless Mercedes make some radical improvements to their car I just can't see it happening.

Well I think hes up for a podium at least.

I think Todt's trying to convey an arbitrary number rather than saying he thinks Hamilton should've been banned for 6 races. From the way I read it, it sounds like he didn't want to do that anyway. Then they had some correspondence and Todt accepted it.

Not a major deal to me.

Well if he did something, then I am sure the "freedom of speech" card would have been used.

Did he deserve a sanction? No

But calling other drivers stupid...is an all time low.

Back
Top Bottom