Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

It's a bit difficult to evaluate each driver' s amount of worldwide fame among the general public because there is the distorting effect of the country you live in to take into account. In the UK the media is much more full of whatever Hamilton is up to than we do of non-british drivers so we have a tendency to mistake worldwide drivers' profile for the way we perceive them over here, and the two usually don't match up. On top of that things like the FIA press conferences are all conducted in english and effectively run and moderated by the british media, which also distorts our perception even further.

There is also the distorting "Ferrari effect". A few years ago Alonso was deemed the driver with "the highest public profile" (whatever that means) worldwide based on the sale of official goods and merchandise associated with him. But a top Ferrari driver will always have a massive head-start in terms of fanbase because hs own fans are added to the legions of Ferrari fans across the world.

Last edited:
Lewis Hamilton: "This is honestly the best crowd we get anywhere. In our home country it is always great, but these guys have such a great passion.

"I love it here. I have had tacos every night.

After every race, he makes more or less the same statement. Mercedes need to change the audio file that is played from his mouth.

Both Lewis and Nico are so trite on the podium it makes me want to vomit. Lewis tells every set of fans "they are the best" and Nico then tries to top it by telling them in their own language. I know they are "ambassadors" for the sport but please credit the audience with some sense of knowing when they they are being patronised.

Unfortunately there are almost certainly a large number of fans the world over who lap it up.

"Hammersmith you have been the greatest audience of the tour....."

:sick:

Yeah, whatever happened to the good ole' days of audience confrontation and bottle-throwing? Back in my day <coughsplutter> men were men, and so were the women... :twisted:

Both Lewis and Nico are so trite on the podium it makes me want to vomit. Lewis tells every set of fans "they are the best" and Nico then tries to top it by telling them in their own language. I know they are "ambassadors" for the sport but please credit the audience with some sense of knowing when they they are being patronised.

I've heard Nico speak in French and Spanish and he's fluent in both since grow up in Monaco and Ibiza (poor little kid).

What a nice young man.

14993485_1397814646897214_3867197639660053184_n.jpg

Coat went on a pretty blonde with a low cut dress though. There was an old grey haired man shivering to death further down the pitlane. ;)

Back
Top Bottom