Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Did annoy me this. Because it almost like the journalists are scared of social media & surely the should be praising him as world champion for trying to "extend the brand" & entice a younger generation. Really he is the only 1 in f1 who tries look at vettel as world champion when home & hid til preseason. Lewis went on all the chat shows radio 1 breakfast show, graham norton & Jonathan Ross just of the top of my head l

Good lord, some hack had to spend precious time writing that garbage which is nothing more than the tiniest storm in the smallest tea cup.

Hamilton is right about the press conferences. Same dull questions every race. You can tell how dull they are because you can't find any content about the actual press conference in that story just guff about Snapchat.

Lewis has a great idea with fans asking the questions. They should change the format as well, maybe have it out the back of a grandstand in a drivers pen fans around the fencing putting there hand up if they have a question.

I wouldn't think the pen thing would work. You'd have thousands of hands go up and it would be too noisy. It would be better to do a live webcast and people could tweet questions.

They need to have a look at what Formula E do with their drivers pen and internet media. Yes they are pushing themselves because they are trying to get people to watch the series but they seen to have a far better idea on what fans want.

The driver meet and greet session with the fans are mandatory every weekend and the Q & A questions come from Twitter.

Jeez it's a press conference. If it's boring for Lewis then use some wit and answer the dull questions with a bit more more thought, make it more interesting for the fans. Ask the journalists then and there to come up with something more insightful, or whatever. Whining about it being boring is boring. Oh sorry Lewis are you bored? Do you want to play? Are you not still earning tonnes of cash every waking moment for just being you? Sitting there and playing with his phone, he's acting like a bored schoolboy. Pathetic.

You think Fernando and Kimi weren't bored too Lewis? They've been doing it longer but they still gave their attention to the assembled press. Answering a question with, look at my Instagram/Facebook/snapchat, is the ultimate cop out. I don't think I've ever hidden my dislike for Lewis so I'm sure that's how this post will come off, but that was pretty poor on his part. Do there need to be changes to the system? Sure, but show some respect for the people whose livelihood stems on asking you the same boring questions every week.

That was funny though Lewywo4. And I think there is a difference between answering a direct question and blatantly acting like a child in a professional situation. There is huge sponsorship attached to these drivers.
Everyone has boring aspects to their job but I wouldn't just say '**** it' during a meeting and start playing candy crush whilst showing my colleagues my high score. He gets paid millions!

Not excusing that, although that's a very iconic moment. I don't think you'll be posting a video of yesterday's press conference ten years from now.

Context is everything here too. Whereas Kimi and others have acted that way or worse on the grid, it's just that, on the grid before the start of the race. It's called the drivers press conference. I understand it's not optional but it's literally 20 minutes of his day.

On another note, Hamilton seems to be the least accessible driver to fans. I may be proven wrong here and happily so but apart from signings at GPs what else does he do? He doesn't answer fans on social media, he ****ed right off after the stage part of the fans forum I attended whereas the TPs, engineers and other drivers mingled and did pics/autographs.

I'm sorry but stop banging on about the fans Lewis when you're more interested in talking to that little twat Bieber.

I really can't get that excited about it. Like I said above, a waste of column inches, journalists time and effort.

Storm in a tea cup. Move along.

I don't want these guys to be robots, personality is great. Just thought it was poor on his part and it's not the first time this year he's done it. Everybody has an off day, maybe that's all it amounts too. I agree, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean anything.

Back
Top Bottom