Current Sir Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton MBE

A place to put all the posts from all the other threads primarily but love him or hate him, and even for the indifferent amongst us this is the place to discuss the marmite that is Lewis Hamilton, to learn a thing or two about his rise, talk about those controversial, genius or mad moments and something that i am bemused by, the recent articles that suggest something quite different to my perception of what's going on. Any experiences of meeting LH?

Brundle had to write a Lewis Hamilton article recently and in my tweets (which were probably ignored) I asked him to talk about LH the driver not LH the personality. It seems that you can't have one without the other.

So as a starter for ten, here is a fairly recent LH article. Posts should not be limited to this link but it can get some discussion going. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13755883.stm

The only banned topic as it is clearly ridiculous involves these four things "Glock" "2008" "Brazil" "conspiracy"

Mephistopheles It's not mind games it's simple fact that Rosberg was faster in Malaysia, he said it himself after the race.

Nico: "I didn’t have the best of starts. It was still good but Lewis had a little of a better one and that’s the way it went. And then, yeah, I was quicker today, which I was pleased about and gave it a run."

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/4/15695.html

I am not talking about Malaysia and anyway it one thing to say I was quicker than you and that is why I beat you, but is a very different thing to say I was slower than you and I still beat you..

One says I was quicker on the day and that is why I won and the other says you were quicker on the day and you still couldn't win...

I'm sorry if my definition of the English language confuses some people and makes it sound like I am twisting things for my own amusement but I can assure you that is not my intent, I simply say it as I see it...

I'm not sure how I can make it any clearer, but I guess some will ignore what my point is and simply carry on with their own agenda, whatever that may be..

I do not have an axe to grind, like I said I say it as I see it, nothing more nothing less, take from that what you will.

There is also one very salient point that you are all missing, and that is that it was Rosberg who first said he was quicker than Hamilton in Bahrain but it was was the Lewis media machine who picked up that dropped ball and ran with it and so for me that speaks volumes....

Then why state it if you are unsure? For reaction or for an agenda?

There is nothing more to read into the relative pace of the drivers than has been unanimously corroborated by the drivers themselves, the team principals and all professional pundits. Rosberg was the quicker driver and he got beaten. To state this fact need not be motivated by malice or mindgames. The battle happened on track for all to see. Between the races there is another battle of who can be the most prepared for the next race and Nico won the battle. However, he did not capitalise on his opportunity. He will be kicking himself for it. With regards to mindgames, the best way to unsettle your opponent is to beat them when they have the advantage. The advantage will swing between the drivers because they are both class acts at the top of their game. I see this being a tight battle all season long and as much of it will be won through preparation as through capitalising on opportunity. This was not a knock-out blow, but Nico will have been seeing stars after this one. He has plenty of time to recover and analyse before the bell rings for the next round.

Last edited:
For the sake of discussion when there is little else going on in the forum that's why, and I still believe I have a valid point nobody blinks an eye when it is suggested that other drivers play mind games with their team mate so why is this so different? And why are you so cross with me for suggesting it? are you absolutely sure that Lewis isn't trying to get underneath Nico's skin? What about the interview where he stated that this years car was built especially for him around his driving style? How do you think that made Nico feel within the team when his team mate is basically stating that this is his team, he is the number one driver and they built him a car just for him? Tell me are those not the words of someone trying to put his team mate off balance...?

Don't think for one minute that Lewis isn't prepared to use any method at his disposal to win the WDC at any cost, even his friendship with Nico, his idol is Ayrton Senna and we all know how ruthless he was....

It will definitely be a comfort to Lewis that he was able to beat Nico whilst slower and will definitely be a knock to Nico. I agree with that and I am sure Lewis will revel in that for a short period, as any racing driver would. However, as has been reported and as Lewis has said himself, the biggest concern for him will be how he can ensure that HE is faster next time. I am sure he will be looking forward to the next trophy rather than dancing on Nico's driveway holding high the one he got in Bahrain. It's not about Lewis worship, it's about having the respect to take people at face value when there is nothing to suggest we should do otherwise. Nothing.

Last edited:
I think we're seeing a much less eager to be loved Lewis this year, and one who is much more ruthless and focussed - hungrier, if you like (must be all the pies he's no longer eating...).

I agree with that bit. But this isn't about the Altar of Lewis, he has not said "you were quicker on the day and you still couldn't win..."

He has not "basically stat[ed] that this is his team, he is the number one driver and they built him a car just for him". To qualify this, don't all drivers comment that cars are built more to their style second season in? It's not new.

All of this has been taken out of context to suit an agenda of mind games and plain nastiness but that hasn't happened.

So basically Lewis has to lie now and say no Nico, I think you'll find I was quicker!

He is definitely holding no prisoners and doesn't seem to be the PR machine McLaren created (criticised for that too). He also spent he spent a good part of pre season defending that his subintellect to Nico would cause him harm and he's proving otherwise, he's saying he knows what's going on and what they need to do to stay ahead.

I heard and saw somebody really excited that he had a full on karting style race, he enjoyed himself and he made a factual statement back to his garage that matched what Nico said and importantly, reflected reality.

Nico is bringing out more fighting talk with his I'm quicker than you and I'll win next time. It's a good clean inter team battle (at the moment). No need to create - and I mean 'create' in the strongest possible sense, a pantomime.

Apparently Nico told Lewis that his dad was faster than Lewis' s dad to which Lewis responded "yeah but my dad manages better drivers" to which Rosberg said "What like Paul Di Resta?". Then Lewis cried. Then Nico felt bad so let him play with his original 1982 Return of The Jedi Boba Fett figure for a whole 10 mins. Now they are friends again.

Back
Top Bottom