Second United States GP - New Jersey

Anyway, as designer of the Clip the Apex International Circuit, I have designed a circuit for the second USGP:

f-one.jpg

Research suggests it should be popular in the locality.

In all seriousness - I'd love to see an oval race added to the calender. Same as I'd like to see an old fashioned Road race added in too. Variety is the spice of life.

I realise finance and safety means it won't happen but a man can dream.

I would put it on the pit straight and the detection half-way round turn 1 but you dont have to close it as you won't touch the brakes, in effect its on all the lap

It'll be interesting to see what proportion of the audience at the "Circuit of the Americas" is actually from the US. I expect to see lots of flags supporting Maldonado and Perez - just as most of the fans at Indy were for Montoya (though I know he was a bit of a legend due to his previous successes there). Basically I think the two events potentially serve different markets.

There is no shortage of poorly-supported, dull events on shaky funding to drop, fortunately. And if Bernie does want to make this Race 21, I don't see FOTA complaining - this is exactly what they've been wanting for years.

And if it all ends badly then so what? F1 have tried and failed in the past; the USA will carry on watching NASCAR and no tears need be shed.

Back
Top Bottom