Schumacher Injured

Once again New Zealand news services are publishing reports out of France that doctors have begun the reawakening phase of Michael Schumacher's treatment and he has been responding as they would expect. This news has not come from official sources but they also haven't denied the reports. Keep praying everyone and hope for some improving news from his medical team soon.

The New Zealand news service took a lot of criticism from some on this site when I made the original posting on his accident and injuries. What short memories some of you have, those New Zealand reports were correct. The News Service has made it clear the reports are not coming from official sources but they do feel confident the the French doctor they are quoting is very close to the source. Be aware the doctors treating Schumacher are not the only doctors the hospital employs. It is also telling that the family are aware of the reports and this time are not denying them.

And once again it is a load of bollocks..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25943192

There are only two reliable sources and thay are through statements made by his manager or the staff working on Schumachers case so the French can take their speculations and **** off.....
You have missed the point I made when the news of his accident first broke. We, including our news service is 12 hours ahead of you in Britain. Tonight NZ time your press, including the BBC, will publish the news we are already reading.

From the BBC link posted by Mephistopheles

Quote: One month after his skiing accident, Formula 1 legend Michael Schumacher is still in a medically induced coma, his manager has said.
Sabine Kehm told the BBC the seven-time world champion remained in a "stable" condition at a clinic in Grenoble.
She has rejected as "speculation" a French media report saying Schumacher was being woken from his coma.:End Quote

Note: My underline

Last edited:
You have missed the point I made when the news of his accident first broke. We, including our news service is 12 hours ahead of you in Britain. Tonight NZ time your press, including the BBC, will publish the news we are already reading.
We are in a world of rolling news; news is published online as it happens; New Zealand isn't 12 hours in the future!!!

What caused the issue for the original injury was that there was some mixed up reports coming through; some news outlets were stating that it was life threatening, whilst others stated he was awake and suffered minor head injuries!

Last edited:
Fenderman ….. I've read the same report. I read the BBC in detail everyday, not just the motorsport news. There have been other reports where the family have refused to deny these reports on his condition and hopeful improvement. These reports referred to family and although his manager was mentioned she was not quoted this time. As I said we are 12 hours ahead of Britain, I would expect you'll start reading more in the morning papers and hearing something on the BBC.
I'm not trying to stir anything up here, just trying to give everyone a little hope. Do bear in mind although the source being quoted is not his medical team the story is coming from a doctor within the hospital.

We are in a world of rolling news; news is published online as it happens; New Zealand isn't 12 hours in the future!!!
The point I'm making should be obvious, we in New Zealand are reading todays news when today hasn't actually begun for most in Britain. It's the 30th of January here, most over in Britain are about to go to bed as its now 10.00pm on the 29th of January. You will read the news we have already read when you wake in the morning up after finally arriving at the 30th. :)

FB ….. As the first country in the world to give women the vote, we're the oldest complete democracy in the world, a commonly known but often overlooked fact. ;) I'll bet your avatar knew that. LOL

Kewee... This is getting off topic, but "today's news" is meaningless in an online news world! The days of news only being available in the morning are long gone!!! With rolling news, news is published as it happens- so we don't have to wait to the next day to hear it! As such, your idea of New Zealand hearing news before the UK is erroneous!!! The only reason you might get news first is if it breaks in the middle of the night (GMT), whilst Europe is asleep!

Kewee his family refusing to deny does not make this report from the French true, also his family have specifically asked the press to leave them alone and all reports will come through his manager and so should not be quoted by the gutter press who are continually making up stories to sell their rags I doubt very much if his family were even asked let alone denied the story.

I would rather this thread was kept clear of puerile speculation and only the facts on the matter posted, it isn't a juicy bit of gossip to get your kicks from you know....

Last edited:
I love New Zealand as a country. Its beautiful wide open spaces. The snowboarding in Queenstown, the surf in the bay of Islands, the wonderful temporary water falls at Milford Sounds, the stupidly steep street in Duneiden, Rabbit shearing in the North island, The sunshine in Nelson, the fact that I could leave Greymouth very quickly and the Hokey Pokey Ice-Cream. It really was a wonderful place.

Tell you what wasn't good when I was there News and TV in general. Shocking. Also the Beans taste wrong.

Anyways - Get well soon Schumie!

Mephistopheles, we read from the same sources much of the time, I'm very aware his family have asked to be left alone. I think its fair to say we all know as much as one another. We all dislike the gutter press as you call them, but we should also acknowledge that when they base their information on reliable sources the information they have provided us with has been truthful and accurate. The information they are providing now may also turn out to be accurate, surely we can all hope for more good news instead instead of bitching about the source. I for one am eager for good news and will therefore gather as much news as I can from all news reports available and hope that those with good news prove to be right.

News doesn't sleep! All news organisations work 24/7. They don't just go to bed and get up in the morning to get their news from the country a few hours ahead in terms of timezones!

Of course news doesn't sleep I'm very aware of that. My office whirls away all night while I'm sleeping, printing out currencies, the gold price and diamond prices from numerous locations around the world. The point I'm making should be obvious, while I'm reading the news in the morning your still asleep unless your awake 24/7, when you wake up you'll read the news I have already read 8 hours earlier. When the Christchurch earthquake struck for example we were digging people out of the rubble, and rescue teams were being organized in Japan to fly into New Zealand while most in Britain were sleeping unless of course you were awake at 12.51am.

Kewee, That isn't the point you were trying to make, and you know it! When we're talking about European news, it's much less likely that a story will break in the middle of the night, so as such it's also much less likely that the NZ press disseminate stories to the NZ public about a European story before the European press...

The Artist..... The mainstream New Zealand media went to air and print before the mainstream British media when Schumacher first had his accident and New Zealand Television went to air tonight quoting the leading French newspaper regarding the doctors slowly bringing Schumacher out of his induced coma and showing promising signs. From what I can tell these reports are still not being acknowledged by the British Media, maybe some of the tabloids according to some postings on this site. Before people leap all over me and our news services on the side of the world, the New Zealand Television services are very highly regarded and monitored by all the global news services for their impartiality and thoroughness when presenting a story, this one will be no different.

Back
Top Bottom