Romain Grosjean

Was drafted into F1 with not an ounce of testing and replaced Nelson Piquet Jr in the middle of 2009 when he was possibly on route to becoming the GP2 Champion that season, which went to Nico Hulkenburg.

In his 7 races in F1 he failed to impress and the no in-season testing rule didn't help his course. Plus having Fernando Alonso as his teammate couldn't have helped either.

In 2010 Grosjean went to do Auto GP, before returning back to GP2 on July 20th for a few guess appearances for DAM'S. But in 2011 Grosjean was given a full-time drive by DAM'S for the 2011 GP2 series and went on to become the 2011 GP2 Champion.

My question is will Grosjean get a drive for 2012? Plus how far can this guy go if he gets into F1?

Nice steady result for Romain in the end then. He was super cautious staying on his line at the start despite Mark Webber giving him a bit of a naughty shove.

I think he's made errors but looks like he'll learn from em which is all you can ask. Lets hope the witch hunt calms down and gives him a second chance.

Possibly his worst 1st lap mistake yet. He just hit the car ahead. What should the stewards be thinking now that his 1 race ban only yielded a single clean race from Grosjean before he re-offended?

I can't help but think if I was the Lotus boss ( I am available) I would fire Grosjean today. Get myself a new driver like Gutierraiez or even head hunt DiResta. Get them in the car for the last 5 races and they will be up to speed for 2013.

After what he did at the start of the race today, Romain seems to be trying his hardest to lose his seat for next season. It looks like he has learnt nothing after what happened at Spa and is becoming a bit of a liability.

Well the second chance lasted long, another crash in Korea really wouldn't go down well with Lotus or the FIA

Can anyone think of any other driver (in the history of F1) who has had so many first lap incidents?

Autosport quotes Grosjean as "being surprised at the difference in speed between himself and Webber" and calling it "a stupid mistake". Amen to the latter! Unfortunately, just one of many he has made this year. Time to put someone else in that seat, to groom them for next season.

When the entire paddock feels free to openly criticize you by name in their interviews, it's gonna be tough to repair that reputation.

I feel bad for RoGro, as most of his incidents have been far less egregious. But this is his second go-around, and Belgium 2009 should have been a portend of what was to come.

Autosport quotes Grosjean as "being surprised at the difference in speed between himself and Webber" and calling it "a stupid mistake". Amen to the latter! Unfortunately, just one of many he has made this year. Time to put someone else in that seat, to groom them for next season.

Um... RoGro... that is why there are TWO pedals in your car... he is an A grade muppet...

Then again, as devastating as it was for MW... if he had got away a bit cleaner he would have been safe... but the dirty side at Suzuka gives you no favours though... he probably would have needed an absolute blinder to stay 2nd...

Poor old RoGro. Might as well admitt he's a witch so he doesn't have to be thrown in the lake.

I think calls for his sacking are immensly harsh. There is no doubt he is an accident magnet right now but is he malicious with it? I've seen some far more dangerous driving this season by others. Yes I know its the amount of times he's been involved but ask yourself this: would he be getting such a press beating if his tangles had been with HRTs and Marussias? And what good do you think slagging the boy off to the press is gonna do other than make him more nervous?

As for Mark Webber: I think he's now labelled half the grid as dangerous drivers and whether its been Seb Vettel, Lewis Hamilton, Fellipe Massa, Schumacher et all he always manages to imply that its not just him who thinks it but all the other drivers too.

Say what you will about NASCAR, but occasionally it is home to honesty rarely, if ever, seen in F1. After yesterday's huge 25 car wreck, Stewart stands up and says "I screwed up. It was 100% my fault." Formula One is the buck-passing capital of motorsports.

Back on topic, I see in autosport that Lotus is saying that correcting his miscues is now entirely up to Grosjean, "there is nothing more the team can do". Not exactly a ringing endorsement, is it?

He's getting to the stage where he'd be better off not attempting to qualify, saving loads of tyres, starting from the pitlane and seeing how he goes.

Face it, he wouldn't have lost a minute crashing, slowly trundling around to the pits, twenty seconds getting serviced and another thirty being punished.

Back
Top Bottom