Current Robert Kubica

He's fast, Polish and a bloody brilliant racer. To me Kubica is a special talent and has been very unlucky to not find himself in a top team yet.

The thing i like about Kubica is that he's a trier and never gives in say if he was third and had a sniff of second he'd go and chase the second place man down. He's a much toned down version of Lewis Hamilton IMHO he's great at overtaking (Austrailla 2009) exception and if he was in a better car i think he'd a won more races than the current 1 he stands at.

Kubica made his F1 debut at the Hungrian GP in 2006 replacing the injuried Jacque Villeneuve for BMW Sauber. He'd outqualified teammate Nick Heidfeld at the time and finished the race in 7th place only to be DSQ for been under weight. Since Kubica's first and only Pole Position came at the 2008 Bahrain GP, that same season he'd broke his winning duck and won his current and only race in Canada. Kubica has stood on the podium 12 times and in his 76 race he's scored a total of 273 points.

Sad news broke eariler in the year (2011) that Kubica had been involved in a Rally competition and crashed, his life was said to be in the balance, but he's slowly recovering from nasty injuries he substaned in the accident. It remains to be seen whether Kubica will return to motor-racing. But for me Kubica is a talented driver and if we do see him back on the grid i'd be over the moon.

Whether you like him or not Kubica is a cool guy and one that i'd like to see become Champion if he return's to the sport.

How do you rate Kubica?

Not wandering off topics too much but here's a picture of Sakari

com.broadcon.typingconyfi-43818912-5792549.jpg

Back on topic, if this is true I can't imagine Kubica seriously driving in F1 again.

I'm not really that handsome.. otherwise quite close to the truth.

How? Look at my previous post to see how.

How? well Sakari's mum and dad were both born in a distant land called Finland. One day they had a baby and named it Sakari. As is custom in human families they decided to teach him to speak. As they were from the land called Finland they taught him to speak Finnish. After some good schooling Sakari became fluent in his own language and when he heard a driver name Mika Salo talk(who was also Finnish) he was able to understand what he was saying - and thus pass the message on to us by also learning english (see post #128).

Now I'm not saying Mika Salo is correct and this is the truth and oh my god Robert is not going to race again I'm saying someone who speaks the language has told us what he said. As you said he's not a reliable source and hopefully he's talking out of his blowhole. But the fact is, he said it!

Are you Sakari's agent? :D

Let Sakari speak for him/herself. I have done my homework and posted what other Finish people have said. I'm not going to waste any more time on this until the people involved make a statement. In the meantime, I suggest you forget what Sakari has said. ;)

Here:

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2011/8/12464.html

It's official. His latest surgury was a "total success".

So much for Mika Salo and his gibberish.

As I said, we should wait for official word instead of trumpeting rumours about "missing thumbs" and the like.

And as I said, Robert should send Mika a photograph with his middle finger showing him where to go!

Yea.. I think Mika Salo is a bit of a tosser, so I don't take his words too seriously.

We're supposed to apologize to Mika for what?

Other members INSISTED that Mika said this that or the other when i'm the one who said there was an error. I did my research and told everyone to wait for an official announcement.

I have nothing to apologize for. The apologies are due to Robert for spreading untrue rumours (and not by me)!

>:(

So much for Mika Salo and his gibberish.
Mika spoke no gibberish, so yes, you do owe him an apology as you too assumed he had said it.

I did my research and told everyone to wait for an official announcement.
So the gibberish comment was for what exactly?

If you were so confident of your "research", why then did you assume he had said it and was talking "gibberish"?

Your statements contradict each other, and not for the first time.

Mika spoke no gibberish, so yes, you do owe him an apology as you too assumed he had said it.

No I said Mika 'speaks Finnish "street language"' and he was 'speaking fast in a tv interview and not a text' and, so, what he says can't be taken verbatim.

Others here insisted that Mika said Robert's thumb was missing...and I said it was gibberish.

The fact is that Robert's thumb WAS NOT MISSING and everyone on CTA was pointing to Mika as the one and only source!!!

I was the only one on here who said it was rubbish and Mika had been misunderstood as an error in translation...and I was right. >:(

I'm not apologising. I'll apologise after everyone else involved has apologised for either believing in Mika...or believing that the translation of what Mika said was correct!!! >:(

I'm pretty angry actually as I painstakingly went and researched every angle of this false claim and put forth reasons why it was a false claim and told everyone to wait for official word and then provided an official link refuting the claim!!!

$#&_{& YDAOUY^%749!!!

The bottom line is that nobody here, there, or elsewhere has any idea whether Robert Kubica will be able to drive a Formula One car to the standard he once did.

Why can't we just hope for the best and see what happens.

It had been reported that he said it and the Finnish was translated as him saying it - my argument with you Ray was that you couldn't argue the translation was wrong of what was written on the net(and you still can't). If Salo is now saying he didn't say that at all then firstly I'm relieved for Roberts sake and secondly I shall apologise to Mika for suggesting in one of my comments that he may be talking out of his blowhole as it turns out he has been misquoted.

If that's the last of the surgery he still has a good six months before testing etc. for next season starts to ramp up. He's got very serious injuries to recover from obviously but the body is an amazing thing and a lot can happen in six months, particularly when you've got some of the best doctors/physiotherapists in their field looking after you.

I'm quietly confident that we'll see him in an F1 car at some point in 2012, whether or not that leads to him racing again we'll have to wait and see.

Promising news today: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/14860299.stm

According to the article there is now no obstacles to his recovery apart from what nature decides and how the rehabilitation goes. They're planning on four weeks of building strength and then getting him to try some sort of driving in October - it might be in a simulator not a real car but things are certainly looking up. There are still all sorts of things that could stop him from being a competitive F1 driver again however.

I leave you with the final quote of the article from his manager about a possible return to F1 this year:
"Robert would need some preparation. I would be happy if Robert is not driving in Brazil but I know that he could drive."

Renault will make a decision in October about Kubica.

Renault has set a mid-October deadline for keeping a seat open for Robert Kubica next year, with the team keen to know its 2012 driver line-up as soon as possible.

The Enstone-based outfit is eager to get Kubica back racing, but knows it cannot wait until the eve of the next campaign to sort out its plans - because then it will be too late to find the kind of high-quality replacement it will need.

Team principal Eric Boullier said that a decision would be taken next month about whether Kubica will definitely be back, or if the team needs to sort out finding a full-time replacement.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/94469

October seems a bit early to be making a decision to me, particularly when they already have so many drivers on their books, I would have though they'd wait until December at least. They obviously don't have too much confidence in the likes of Senna and Grosjean...

Back
Top Bottom