Current Red Bull Racing

Discussion in 'Teams' started by FB, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Radical F1

Radical F1 Test Driver

I hope RB duke it up with Merc and Ferrari. A 3 way championship battle for a change !

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

DATE: 2019-03-01 CET: 12:14

https://www.grandprix247.com/2019/0...built-in-a-day-this-is-a-2-to-3-year-project/

Is this inadvertent revelation of Horner's thoughts, that we will be racing with hybrids after 2020?

4. gethinceri

gethinceri Daniil Kvyat Fan. Alfa Romeo Fan. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    If CH said it, it's bullshit.

5. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    What does the CET stand for.

6. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Central Europe Time?

Titch likes this.
  7. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

CET is an international acronym for Central Europe Time.
    In here when I bookmark a conversation, I can cross-ref. to articles in media, etc. It is useful for my own "administration" when I do search history of my own comments.

8. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Why do you think so?

9. gethinceri

Featured Threads:
    Because I think he's a bullshitter.

Bill Boddy and Andyoak like this.
  10. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    How efficient Izumi.

So Friday 23.46 GMT for this post.

Can’t see me being that organised.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  11. Dartman

Dartman Points Scorer

For the uninitiated CET is normally 1hr ahead of any UK time( there occasionally is a period, possibly about a week when they coincide at summer/winter change over, EET (Eastern European time is 2 hrs ahead of UK, Cyprus, Greece for example) for me most of Indy will be early morning.:(

12. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Hmm, right. Looks like you had to hit a lot of keys and check data to create your time stamp. I am naturally a lazy person, so I use Text Expander, and touching gently 3 keys will produce desired data in auto-mode, including my location and weather record, if I need to have it. Little technology pleasures.

13. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

GMT is now a time zone (as CET is). More here:
    https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/uk/london

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  14. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    GMT has always been a time zone. In fact it was the first time zone and is the time zone all other time zones use as their base.

gethinceri and Andyoak like this.
  15. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    That is correct, GMT is the standard, everyone else is + or - from GMT. See, we Brits even control the time as well ;)

16. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) is the basis for civil time today. This 24-hour time standard is kept using highly precise atomic clocks combined with the Earth's rotation.

17. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Izumi Wikipedia is your friend

English speakers often use GMT as a synonym for Coordinated Universal Time(UTC).[2] For navigation, it is considered equivalent to UT1 (the principal form of Universal Time and the modern form of mean solar time at 0° longitude);

Originally, astronomers considered a GMT day to start at noon, while for almost everyone else it started at midnight. To avoid confusion, the name Universal Time was introduced to denote GMT as counted from midnight.[4]Astronomers preferred the old convention to simplify their observational data, so that each night was logged under a single calendar date.

As the United Kingdom grew into an advanced maritime nation, British mariners kept at least one chronometer on GMT to calculate their longitude from the Greenwich meridian, which was by convention considered to have longitude zero degrees, adopted in the International Meridian Conference of 1884. Synchronisation of the chronometer on GMT did not affect shipboard time, which was still solar time. But this practice, combined with mariners from other nations drawing from Nevil Maskelyne's method of lunar distancesbased on observations at Greenwich, led to GMT being used worldwide as a standard time independent of location. Most time zones were based upon GMT, as an offset of a number of hours (and possibly half or quarter hours) "ahead of GMT" or "behind GMT.

Greenwich Mean Time - Wikipedia

Have a read. Lots of links to advanced stuff if you enjoy it.

18. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

I thought that what is being discussed time zones related acronyms which are globally used today. I also use and subscribe to SI and ISO, whereas Brits like to talk about stones and pounds instead kg, and everyone lives happily side by side.I am also hoping I am not going to receive another lecture how long a foot was used as a unit of measurement, and therefore it would be good for me to change my ways.

19. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    You can measure your units in Sebastian Vettels finger nails for all I care. Just you said GMT was NOW a timezone and I was just letting you know in was infact the first modern timezone and therefore hasn't just appeared.

20. gethinceri

Featured Threads:
    I use metric measurements for most things. I only use Imperial if I'm ordering a pint or driving a car.
    Broadly brushing Brits as a group that "like to talk about stones and pounds instead kg" is interesting.
    I'd rather use the French Republican Calendar than be forced to use only Imperial measures again.

21. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    I use metric for length but imperial for weight - which I know is odd but it's just how I work. We are a multi measurments society though.

A UK can of Red Bull is measure in ML for instance. Have i bought us back to topic?

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice