Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

So many will be wanting to wreck this great combo...(best on the grid IMO)
Ron Dennis asked the years ago...if they were mature enough to work together?....
On today's showing...it's a YES...

@Rasputin Lives everyone at Mercedes has gone on record saying their drivers have equal status. Mercedes need to win. They need that more than one particular driver winning. Why destabilise two excellent drivers with favouring one unnecessarily? It's been explained why the drivers were asked to hold station after the last pitstop. Had they crashed or run out of petrol in that last stint when they weren't threatened from behind and couldn't catch the bulls they would have looked stupid, that would have done nothing for the face of Mercedes. Look what happened at Red Bull. Not a happy camp now.
If in similar circumstances, but with Nico leading, Mercedes play It differently, I'll be hugely disappointed and you will have a case. But why disbelieve what the Mercedes team are all saying with no proof?

Why are people so eager to believe everything that comes out of Mercedes' mouth? I'd rather wait for the season to unfold before I fully believe they are completely equal.

I prefer to take the "innocent until proven guilty" position. The fact is that what we witnessed meshed with what we heard and I for one do not rush to call anyone a liar. To me that is one of the basic minimum standards of respect.

Having said that, woe and damnation to the bastard who is found to have lied to me.

@Rasputin Lives everyone at Mercedes has gone on record saying their drivers have equal status. Mercedes need to win. They need that more than one particular driver winning. Why destabilise two excellent drivers with favouring one unnecessarily? It's been explained why the drivers were asked to hold station after the last pitstop. Had they crashed or run out of petrol in that last stint when they weren't threatened from behind and couldn't catch the bulls they would have looked stupid, that would have done nothing for the face of Mercedes. Look what happened at Red Bull. Not a happy camp now.
If in similar circumstances, but with Nico leading, Mercedes play It differently, I'll be hugely disappointed and you will have a case. But why disbelieve what the Mercedes team are all saying with no proof?

Mclaren were saying the same thing last year and you didn't believe them with no proof but you miss my point, it was not a criticism, Its F1. Mclaren got massively criticised for not favouring one driver or another and rightly so as they've missed out on championships because of it. Merc should favor Lewis and they will do. Will it be to the extent that they won't let Nico win races? No. Of course not. If Nico out peforms him then they won't pull him over. However if he's potentially going to mess Lewis race up then he will get the call, When the new parts come he will get them first and Mercedes headquarters will be much happier with a Lewis speared result. Lewis is there number one and it will remain that way until Nico shows he's the horse to back.

Rightfully so too. Not only has Lewis earned the right to get better treatment by showing his talent. All his rivals get it so why tie his hands behind his back again?

My final point will be however much Lewis asks for equal status the team is being run by Ross Brawn, a man who firmly believes in favouring one driver(and telling everyone he doesn't). He'll make the calls and thats the call he'll make. Lewis will protest but he won't walk out because of it.

I'm not sure of this desperte need to justify Lewis talent through saying he's doing it the proper way and the fair way. Who cares? Lewis has proven he is better than Rosberg in six seasons of racing and the situation we saw today will probably happen very little because Hammy will beat him 9 times out of 10 anyways!

Hamilton has a team who are 100% behind him and are focused on winning him championships. Which is great news for him and great news for F1. Can't we just be happy about that rather than having to justify whats fair and what isn't?

I think that Rasputin has it exactly right. The investment that Merc has in LH makes him defacto #1, no matter what the team's pronouncements. As to seeing how the team reacts when the positions are reversed, I don't think they will ever allow Nico to finish ahead, as they can now claim they are simply consolidating the drivers' positions in the championship, since Lewis now has a clear points advantage.

Rasputin--

Methinks that any protests Lewis might make over being favoured would be nothing more than crocodile tears.

He clearly took it today but conscience may have got the better of him and given their relationship that'll me a major contributory factor.

Whilst everything you've said RasputinLives makes sense, compare Hamilton to Button pre 2009 and people would have said the same. Nico is better than he's been given credit for

So many will be wanting to wreck this great combo...(best on the grid IMO)
Ron Dennis asked the years ago...if they were mature enough to work together?....
On today's showing...it's a YES...

You keep saying it was Ron Dennis that said that but I think you'll find it was Keke Rosberg when he started the karting team with them both in. Thats what it says in Lewis's book anyways. I don't think Rosberg has ever been associated with Mclaren as far as I know.

He clearly took it today but conscience may have got the better of him and given their relationship that'll me a major contributory factor.

Whilst everything you've said RasputinLives makes sense, compare Hamilton to Button pre 2009 and people would have said the same. Nico is better than he's been given credit for

So people keep saying. Until he shows it though he's either number 2 in a big team or number 1 in a little team. Like Jenson pre 2009.

You keep saying it was Ron Dennis that said that but I think you'll find it was Keke Rosberg when he started the karting team with them both in. Thats what it says in Lewis's book anyways. I don't think Rosberg has ever been associated with Mclaren as far as I know.

Lewis said that recently in an interview...I don't know if it was the Jonnie Herbert one......:dunno: .
I haven't seen that in his book..what page is it on?
Lewis & Nico were both on the McLaren ladder of opportunity.Nico left to compete in German F BMW Championships, Keke's wealth meant he was able to do this. Lewis stayed with McLaren.

That is a rather disingenuous remark if I may say so. Talking about holding station to preserve the car and finish the race is somewhat different to telling a guy to give up a well deserved place. However, that is now legal. The discussion today has been about whether or not Red Bull and Mercedes drivers were right to obey or defy their teams orders. So no, it's not a "one fan rule for Ferrari/Alonso and another for Mercedes/Hamilton" debate.

I dared to suggest earlier in this thread that there was a number one and number two driver at Merc and I was shot down and ridiculed for it, if today wasn't a blatant case of number one status for Lewis then I'm a Dutchman.

I will be gracious in accepting your apologies and won't say I told you so, oops I just did.....

Back
Top Bottom