Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

They've always been strong there, 2010, Schumi was P6 until his 20 second penalty and Rosberg finished P8, 2011, Schumi qualified P5 and was on good pace before reliability problems while Rosberg also had problems and in 2012, Schumi had the pole time and Rosberg finished P2, so in conclusion, Mercedes have had good pace in previous years

Hmmmm. I think Monaco was more of a schumie track hence his good results. I understand your logic Jos the Boss but as Merc have had better results over the years at other tracks eg: China I'm not sure why your certainty is Monaco, especially when the place has been ruled by Red Bull recently.

Schumi and Lewis tracks tend to have similar characteristics I presume, both racers, and Lewis has usually gone well at Monaco (and China) but it's more the driver and the car beneath him

But there are 20 other drivers to think of. Red Bull have bee head and shoulders above the rest at Monaco with Webber being on top form thete. China and Spa however which Merc/Lewis/Nico have all been strong at Red Bull have traditionally been a bit sloppy at so I'd put them above Monaco. I guess we'll see.

You raisr an intrtesting point regarding Schumie's favourite tracks being the same as Lewis's. Would have to look into that as not sure how true ot is.

I won't confirm that they're the same, I meant they have similar driving styles!
And if an past his prime Schumi can take pole at Monaco, I can't see why Lewis can't!

Hmmmm. I think Monaco was more of a schumie track hence his good results.
I wouldn't say that. Nico was quicker than Schumi on every single run except the final one (which mattered) and this was due to being sent out at a less fortuitous time. Nico was the quicker of the two all weekend at Monaco. I don't think that there is any reason to think that Monaco, above anywhere else, is Merc's best chance at a 1-2, though, Jos the Boss.

Monaco 2012 I guess? If so, Rosberg finished his lap after Schumi so the track would have been better, and it's the Ms, Monza, Monaco or Montréal

I'm sure Rosberg was in a sandwich, though.

This thing about a Lewis track... the only tracks that I can think of where he has raced and not achieved a podium are Interlagos and Suzuka. Isn't he good everywhere?

[Edit] He has scored podiums at both of those circuits. Budh is the only place he hasn't been in the top three.

Just checked and Nico was 4,5 seconds behind and set his fastest lap on his penultimate circuit, not improving on his final run. Schumacher was quicker than Rosberg in sectors 1 and 3 of his pole lap than Nico was in his previous lap, which earnt him 3rd. Seems he used the tyres too early. I remember being more disappointed for Nico than elated for Michael as he had looked so much stronger right up to that point.

Yep, Lewis seems to have the worst of luck in Interlagos but still seems to run a good race when he's not getting bitten.

I don't know about other years..but Interlagos 2009 LH came through from P17 to a podium...3rd

It was the first year that the BBC, were back, covering F1.
And the race where JB won WDC...he started P14 finishing 5th giving him enough points to claim the title.
In the post race winners interviews..1st Webber... 2nd Kubica...were asked questions...but LH was not....just cut off....Lewis would probably have had wanted to congratulate fellow Brit..JB.
Seb started P15 finished 4th..

There are tracks where Lewis Hamilton is very strong and tracks where he's not quite as strong.

For example, Hamilton has traditionally been extraordinarily quick at Abu Dhabi, Montreal and the Hungaroring. He has been less impressive at Sepang, Barcelona and Interlagos, for example.

The driver who I would say has a very even distribution of form across all tracks is Fernando Alonso, who despite 6 or 7 seasons winning races has never won more than 3 at any circuit.

As for Schumi circuits = Hamilton circuits, Schumi won 6 times at Suzuka...

I'm sure Rosberg was in a sandwich, though.

This thing about a Lewis track... the only tracks that I can think of where he has raced and not achieved a podium are Interlagos and Suzuka. Isn't he good everywhere?

Didn't he go from somewhere like 20th to the podium at Interlagos in 2009? Or was that Kubica? I can't remember it was, like, twenty something years ago in dog years...

18th to 3rd Whips.

Vettel went from 16th to 4th

Button from 15th to 5th.

My man Buemi finished in 6th, his highest finish in F1.

It's only Button's drive that gets recognition that day, but I thought Hamilton, Raikkonen and Vettel were better.

Slyboogy
- I realise this is slightly off topic, but my memory of that race was JB getting caught up in traffic, and overtaking his way to 5th... Other drivers weren't portrayed to have had to do as much overtaking, but instead had good strategy to get up to the front....

(Actually didn't LH overtake RB and that led to Barrichello moving over on him and puncturing his tyre)....

Back
Top Bottom