Head To Head Nico Rosberg vs Lewis Hamilton

I think Motor racing is a lot like Tennis, it's all about mental attitude. If Rosberg really believed in himself and believed he was the best on the track, he would be winning more races. As it is, I think he believes that Hamilton is the best.

This sums Rosberg up perfectly - he's just slightly behind in the race. Even if his opponent's missing piece is on the white point in the bottom left of the picture, I don't fancy Nico's chances.
a44d2fca-7168-40e5-a214-e7c81fdb9af3.png

Arguably Rosberg is winning, or at least fractionally better positioned. The other player has 3 checkers out of the finishing area, Rosberg only has 2. That said, the other player has marginally better positioning in the finishing area as all of Rosberg's checkers currently need a 5 or 6 roll to move off. Backgammon is a great game that can be played with kids of most ages, I recommend learning the basics.

Of course it is possible (though not likely, given the current positions) that the opponent had already borne off one piece, then had two pieces "hit" (for some reason, I call it "huffing") to get them back out of his home board.

You're right, though, it is pretty close. If I find a spare few moments (because I'm sad) I'll write a little Excel thingummy to work out the average number of turns to completion for each player...

just out of interest has Hamilton ever overtaken Rosberg whilst they've been team mates? (not on the 1st lap and not when one of them has gone off).

Back
Top Bottom