MotoGP MotoGP 2012 Season Race Discussion

Yeah well, Dovizioso is really smooth off the tongue so that's a way better name :D

(actually, he was being interviewed so I picked him)

... and, typically Italian, "Andrea Dovizioso" is a name for a born racer. Sounds fast straight out of his pram.

Edit: I don't have a problem with writing unusual sentences, so I take that as a compliment LOL

Caparossi was my favourite, but then he disappeared the next time I tuned it, think he was that good that he was a bit of a wizard.

Support Ben Spies! I know he's been off lately and losing out to Stoner at the very end at Valencia last year was really disappointing, but hes the coolest!

That was an immense race last season in Valencia! That is why you should have a start finish line halfway down the straight! Drag races at the finish!

Unfortunately we don't get too much of that in F1. Bikes really do produce some of the best racing from a spectators point of view, has to be better than anything on four wheels except maybe the Indy 500 (just my opinion)

I agree the bikes tend to give much more watchable races than F1 & if they are on at the same time I now watch the bikes.
Quite often it's the Moto2 & Moto3 which have the most exciting races & a chance to spot future champs.
Josh Dovi's not bad, at least he's won a GP & he's usually at the sharp end. I'm riderless this year (or at least default to the Brits) as my favourite was super sic (RIP). I do like a bit of a maverick & you just had to admire a man who could get that amount of hair under a helmet!

Pedrosa, Lorenzo, Dovizioso, De Angelis, and Simoncelli battled it out for a season or two on the 250's before Pedrosa and Lorenzo moved up to the big class. Back in 2006 and 2007, you could say they were the aliens of the class - oh and of course there was Stoner once he got onto a better machine. Simoncelli was always a bit of a crasher because he tried to get more out of his bike than it had to give - actually quite like Stoner in those days. To me, there was never that much between any of them as far as speed nd bravery is concerned. Having said that, I reckon that Dovizioso, given the same machinery, would give any of the top four in MotoGP (Rossi, Stoner, Pedrosa, Lorenzo) agood run for their money. His three podiums this season are no mean feat considering that he is on a Honda satellite team machine. Where is Ben Spies on equal machinery to Lorenzo?

I'm not going to talk about Hayden and Rossi this year as Ducati are MotoGP's version of McLaren. Until they tailor the bike to Rossi and send Hayden back to the US they're going nowhere.

So my tips for the top. From Moto3 it's Maverick Vinales, the class of the field - if not ofr a bit of bad luck he would be leading the championship. From Moto2 it's Marc Marques - he has a racing brain and maturity of someone very much older. I've watched bike racing for as long as I've watched F1 (since the 1960's) and I think he is one of the very best riders I've seen. If Marc grabs a hold on championships he may well do a Rossi and be the next GOAT (maybe after Lorenzo, perhaps).

Back
Top Bottom