Current Mercedes

Discussion in 'Teams' started by FB, Jul 27, 2011.

1. racecub

racecub Champion Elect

Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    As I said, theyv do it for different reasons, It’s not illegal. So why pick on one Person?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Think you need to re re read the thread. That's what we were trying to say. You were excluded someone. racecub sometimes your arguments make me feel like I'm on crack. It like you come here looking for a reaction.

4. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Changes afoot on the technical side of things at Mercedes - https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/news/f1/mercedes-f1-directors-leave

5. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Get well Niki sounds probably hollow, whilst he is in IC unit. I like this guy and would like to have him back asap, if possible. We need him, and F1 might need his dry humor and shocking openness as well. (I am a fan of German road cars, not that much, if at all of LH.)

6. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    From what I read Niki Lauda has had a severe bout of flu and is over the worst of it now thankfully.

So on the last day of testing George Russell beat the fastest ever lap at Hungaroring in a Mercedes. That sounds ominous for the rest of the season if you're not a Merc fan!!

7. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

New headline - Niki is out of the IC unit. That's good news.

gethinceri likes this.
  8. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    I've just read that Niki Lauda has had a lung transplant - https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-niki-lauda-has-lung-transplant-idUSKBN1KN2N9

Not totally surprising given his hideous accident in 1976, more surprising that it has taken this long for him to need his lungs replaced. I hope he recovers quickly.

9. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

I am learning only today about lung transplant, realizing, that active life of our friend in F1 has most likely come to the end. I am not a medic, but I doubt that travel and overall hyperactivity would be good for Niki at this stage. The man represents many things to many people, but like him or not, he has always interjected common sense in various situations when that went missing. This is coming unfortunately in critical stage of technical negotiations, and his voice of experience from simpler times could have been useful. Notwithstanding circumstances, I would like to see him visiting us as often as he pleases. Always welcomed on my screen.

10. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I admire Niki Lauda a great deal but I've always wondered exactly what he brings to the party at Mercedes? I imagine he does provide a good (metaphorical) slap around the back of the head to Hamilton at times which may serve to keep him somewhat grounded. I shudder to think what he'd be like with out that. Niki clearly doesn't suffer fools gladly and says what he thinks but in business terms, Toto's the man who runs the show.

Andyoak likes this.
  11. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

cider_and_toast
    Niki is being credited for a deal between MB and Ecclestone. Brawn and Ecclestone - as it was rumored - didn't see eye to eye, and MB was going to end up without a deal, and almost out of the F1. Niki saved the day, and Dr. Zetsche made him liason between UK based racing operations and Stuttgart (so Torger didn't had to). That's how I understand it. Niki was part of team evolution regarding efficiency of operations (approval process).

cider_and_toast likes this.
  12. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    To me Niki Lauda is the greatest living legend in F1. This is in large part due to that crash and how he came back, but his record speaks for itself, and he’s never been dull or dirty (spit cough Prost Schumacher spit). He’s always fun to listen to and cuts to the nub of the issue with a smile. Long live Niki.

13. Izumi

Izumi Rookie

Niki had a week to live, had not been lung in Germany found and flown to Wien. This leaves me speechless.

14. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Oh so this is where the Nicki Lauda stuff is, I posted on the mid term thread. Sorry. I did think it was a very muted reaction to the news.

:embarrassed:

15. Angel

Angel Pole Sitter Supporter

Featured Threads:
    Yeah but someone else had to die to get him the lung, that's the reality of this. I am glad he got it, obviously as his life has been saved, again. He's really had some tough times with his health hasn't he? I hope he gets better and if he's up to it, I hope we see him back in the Mercedes garage, the man does speak a lot of sense.

Apparently his recovery is going well, that's good news too.

Vienna hospital says Lauda showing “continuous improvement”

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  16. sobriety

sobriety Pole Sitter

Very true, and it's why opt-out* organ donation can't come soon enough.

*I've already opted in. and I ride a bicycle&motorbike. So I'm both healthy and likely to get splattered. So there.

17. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    In the opt out scenario all organs are up for grabs. I’m not sure anyone would want some of mine.

18. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

I would give you a "lik" sobriety but that might be taken to mean that I would like to see you splatttered which I do not. So, no "like".

sobriety likes this.
  19. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Mercedes' 2017 Formula 1 budget revealed

Screenshot_20181004-233938.jpg

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    Greenlantern101 likes this.
  20. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    As someone once said on tv show. "There's your problem" no wonder most of grid is & has been in financial :censored: for while. No one with pure talent can get on the grid as they need anyone with a massive wallet. As 309.7m i nearly spit my drink out when i saw it. Because thats works out at £7.75m per car per weekend. Thats ridiclous. in no way can be sustainable & needs slashing by 2/3rds quickly

Johnny Herbert last week said when he started lotus had £12m budget (£19m equilvant now) for entire season. Which means that by china just on Lewis car. They spent more than lotus in early 90s

siffert_fan and Greenlantern101 like this.
  21. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

Strange though it may seem the money F1 teams spend has gone down. I could not find it but feel that the spend for Ferrari one year was over $300 million whilst that for Minardi was $39 million. Strangely Minardi were always struggling.

Toyota has biggest F1 budget - $445.6m - 2008 Formula teams budgets

rufus_mcdufus likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice