Manor (formerly Marussia)

Discussion in 'Teams' started by FB, Jul 27, 2011.

Tags:
  1. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Well with budget caps to £100m it wouldve been more sustainable & wouldve had more buyers

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. The Pits

The Pits Harumph. Again. Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    A budget cap in line with the proposals which were discussed prior to the teams joining would have made it easier for them to compete. I believe the budget cap that was initially tabled was around 40m

4. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    Shame Bernie isn't still in charge as he probably would have given the team some money to carry on...

5. FB

FB Not my cup of cake Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    Fantasy F1 Team-mate:
    FF1 Team-mate
    Fantasy F1 Rival:
    FF1 Rival
    A photo of the wind tunnel model of the 2017 Manor has been released - Manor staff reveal 2017 F1 car design

Andyoak and cider_and_toast like this.
  6. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    its a tragic for F1 it should encourage more participatents not become a closed shop

7. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Yet another team dead thanks to Bernies payout structure. Really hope Liberty can fix it so little teams can not only survive but flourish.

8. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Talking about liberty fixing budgets

Im not against ferrari payment as a loyalty bonus, but its ridiculous they get more than the bottom 5 teams just for turning up to melbourne, what i dont get is why that 70m isnt shared out between williams (1978) & mclaren (1966)

9. Andyoak

Andyoak Race Winner

Because Frank and Ron fell out with Max?

10. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    That would make sense because i thought it was ridiculous. Can imagine them around a table
    Bernie/max - Ferrari youve been here 67yrs & we want to reward you with £70m

Williams - what about us we've been here 40yrs

Mclaren - what about us we've been here 51yrs

Bernie/Max - why do you deserve anything, youve been with us for 40/50yrs. How is that loyalty

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    rufus_mcdufus and Andyoak like this.
  11. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Ferrari are given the payment due to the prestige their involvement is seen as giving F1.

Ferrari make very famous sports cars that are known the world over. Williams make bugger all and are not seen to attract an audience. Mclaren have made some nice and famous cars but I'm willing to bet you say Mclaren and Williams to the average none motorsport fan then they'll look at you blankly. Say Ferrari they might be willing to have a look.

Not saying I agree with the payment but that is why it is there. F1 and Ferrari both benefit from each others brands.

Westy, Andyoak and FB like this.
  12. The Pits

The Pits Harumph. Again. Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Although the tifosi no doubt add much, i personally dont think that F1 is wholly reliant on Ferrari, any more than motogp depends on Rossi. That said, when the chips are down, and the spectacle is poor, crowds of scarlet clad fanatics give a rallying cry and keep the heart beat of the sport from arresting.

If there is a sport which is producing something that appeals broadly, then Ferraris presence would be beneficial but not essential. If redistributing thd prize money led to more competitive teams, popularity would increase regardless of whether Ferrari is there or not imho.

13. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Shall I tell you who would love it if Ferrari left F1? Mercedes. Would give then even more of a monoply.

14. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    Surely more value for Stuttgart to beat Ferrari? Particularly in comparison to a fizzy drinks firm.

cider_and_toast and Andyoak like this.
  15. siffert_fan

siffert_fan Too old to watch the Asian races live. Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Besides, Ferrari doesn't need the added largesse. It's their parent Fiat that is paying all of their bills.

16. RasputinLives

Featured Threads:
    Personally I get the feeling Stuttgart would like all the cars on the grid to be Merc powered so they could control the exact result of every race whilst pretending to us that it's a really exciting "show".

At least with Ferrari they Don't pretend they want to entertain us or that they are on the fans side.

Titch likes this.
  17. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    That's a fact RasputinLives. Ferrari are only interested in winning. However inadvertently it's good for the sport, because they have to compete in order to do so.

RasputinLives likes this.
  18. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    thinking about budget caps or another system to make the grid more competitive, dont know if anyone been seen the news of whats been happening in the FA Cup recently, where 2 non league sides have made history making the last 16 of the fa cup, it reminds me of F1 & that in sport in the little guys are more important. sometimes can get more joy than big guys. because for the last month the been alot of talk that fa cup has lost its magic, do we change something to regain its magic. then all of a sudden Lincoln & Sutton utd do some giantkilling knocking out 3 teams from 3 divisions higher & 1 of them gets drawn v arsenal at home. everyone excited the magic of competition that everyone was worried about has returned

reminds me we had many problems in F1 few years ago of how much we liked F1 races in 2012 when perez nearly won in his sauber at Malaysia & Monza, Maldonado won for Willams & Hulkenburg shouldve won at Interlagos. sometimes all you need is the odd giantkilling

19. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

The reason that the lower clubs do well in the FA Cup is that there is nothing in it for the big boys any more. they don't get access to any European tournament from it, unlike the days when there was the Cupwinners Cup.

20. cider_and_toast

cider_and_toast Exulted Lord High Moderator of the Apex Staff Member Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    They get a spot in the UEFA Cup for winning the FA Cup.

(And for winning the League Cup)

Bill Boddy likes this.
  21. Galahad

Galahad Not a Moderator Valued Member

Featured Threads:
    The parallel I see is that weakening the leading competitors levels the playing field but devalues the competition. Whither a budget cap...

teabagyokel likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice