Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
So he's had three consecutive good years by your own admission and you don't think that his current situation equates to a loss of form. If it wasn't you I'd be gob-smacked.

Not 3 consequtive good years, 3 years with periods of greatness, and periods of struggling to beat Barichello etc and periods where he just didnt turn up in the race , like Korea 2010, so not 3 consecutive years of greatness, 3 years of the old Jenson - patchy performance, good when car is perfect

Now his career spans 13 years so if we assume 3 half years of greatness, it could be argued that unless the car is perfect and faster than the rest (like first race this year) then Button has not changed much over the last decade, good when car is perfect, otherwise cant find grip, balance, baffled by poor quali, races where he doesnt score any points despite a perfectly healthy car

Yeah, Im sure once Jenson gets his confidence back he will beat Lewis

unless its Lewis showing his real form that has demoralised Button, maybe this is the reason so many advised him not to enter the lions den in 2009. Funny old game F1, Jenson brilliance in races last year will be forgotten if he continues like this

sorry Cookinflatsix don't mean to be an ass just think tha its odd on day when your favourite driver has had such an awesome performance you want towaste your time talking about a driver you obviously dislike.

Go on give us some classi Cookinflatsix superbertives on Lewis - I promise I click like today!

I know it might sound obvious to some but I sense McLaren hasn't been a particularly happy camp for a while, and maybe Lewis feels like he's on the outside of the team. I certainly won't be surprised to see him switch teams at the end of the season.

Really? Seems to me Hamilton and Whitmarsh have forged a closer bond this season. Maybe the latter finally got over his man crush on Jenson!

Button after 7 races - 45 points
Hamilton after 7 races in 2011 - 85 points

Even despite Hamilton's problems in 2011 he is still 40 points ahead of what Button is after 7 races, it's also interesting to note that Hamilton 'only' has 3 more points this season than he did at this point last season!

2 key factors in that stat. Lewis's issues were never down to speed, and the field was far more spread than this year. That said, something serious needs to occur to change this season for Jenson.

To be honest, I think jensons issues are more worrying, especially due to the closeness of the racing. But as he said, it cannot just be him who cannot get the tyres to work, and he is not 1.5 seconds slower than lewis.

Up to and including Canada, these are Hamilton's results for 2011 and 2012.

2011: 2 8 1 4 2 6 RET
2012: 3 3 3 8 8 5 1

If not for that incident in Canada, Hamilton would have been comfortably ahead at this point last year, and the season would have been a whole lot different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom