Head To Head Jenson Button vs Lewis Hamilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
How on earth anyone can call a driver who has won a world championship, a driver who was hailed as a phenomenon upon his arrival into F1, a driver who has taken on the so called best and beaten the so called best. "A mid field driver." Is way beyond my comprehension....

Look at the competition, 6 champions on the grid only 2/3 of them actually have a chance of winning this year the rest are midfield runners.

For me a driver who is in the mid-field is a mid-field driver. This more often than not relates to equipment rather than ability. Jenson has spent most of his career as mid-field driver racing in the mid-field. For the past four years, he has been a front-runner. This is as much to do with the tools at his disposal as it is to do with his talent.

F1Yorkshire

With the current grid of 24 cars the mid-field would be anything below 8th and 16th or above. Both Hamilton and Lewis have been consistent front-runners this year, one particularly more-so than the other, and between them they have 5 wins to their names.

racecub

Again you take my post out of context and forget that it was a direct reply to your preceding post. The underlying message is "It doesn't matter what I said then, this is what I am saying now". Anyway, we're no longer talking about the topic in hand and instead are arguing each other's fallibility. I'll drop it if you will. I'm not one for futile exercises if i can avoid them. Here's a morning beer for you. Get that down yer neck.

:cheers:

Button vs Team-mates:

CTA.png

Meh, I preferred the other one LOL Good work though, although it shows how bloody awful Sato was in 2005 and how close Button/Hamilton have been over the last few seasons

WOW. How did I mess that up. Sorry. 8 out of 13. It does show that he has had the measure of most team-mates that he has raced against.

[Edit] The pits corrected me seconds before I could correct myself. Deleting my previous post as it's pointless.

He also beat his team-mates for 6 consecutive years between 2002 and 2007, against 4 different team-mates. Gotta be happy with that.

Dominated Sato and Villeneuve and has been pretty close with all other competitors bar Fisichella in 2001 who appears to have made mincemeat of him in that year. I'm not much of a historian but this sort of thing is a fantastic snapshot into a drivers pairings and progress. Sorry for the multiple posts. I think that's all my observations out of the way now.

I wasn't all that interested in F1 in the early noughties so this is all a bit of an education for me. His performances in his final year - apart from in that dog of a Ferrari - were very impressive. Is he still test driver for Ferrari?

Fisichella was bloody quick when he was his team-mate - but the problem was that the Benetton of 2001 was such an awful car! Button and Fisi's relative positions were basically caused by Spa, where somehow Fisi got the Benetton onto the podium... - the same story was true in 2008, when Barry Cello somehow got the Honda on the podium in Silverstone.....

Interestingly, Button's time at Benetton led to Flavio labelling him as being a "Road marker" (Basically, so slow he was stationary), but has now recanted on that...

It is also interesting that people like to belittle Button, but surely saying that Button is not very good simply devalues the achievements of drivers such as Hamilton...

Some people like to belittle any driver who they have a dislike for. I don't think that this is unique to Button. They all get it in the neck from their anti-fans and likewise they are lauded by their fanatics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom