Future F1 Grands Prix

Just in time for Perez at Ferrari and Gutteriez at Sauber. I hope the Peraltada is still the same as it was! That would be awesome.

Mexican Grand Prix fact - Did you know that Murray Walker hated going to Mexico so much that in the later years of the Grand Prix he didn't use to bother and just used to do the commentary from BBC studios back home?

The headline says that, the article doesn't.

"Ecclestone said: "I don't know if it is going to happen."

Is it possible to sue journalists for writing headlines to get you to read an article which then contradicts their headline?

I want a race in the streets of New Jersey like I want another hole in my head so I hope they can't find the cash. There are so many great race tracks around the World why do we keep having to create new ones or have more and more bloody awful street circuits and gimmicks?

Here's an idea, instead of pissing millions down the drain in Austin building a new circuit, upgrade Watkins Glen to F1 "standards". Quicker, cheaper and an historic track. Not going to give Herman Tilke a big, fat pay day though is it?

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2012/07/02/a-quick-update/
A good article about the inadequacy of a London GP an the future of the Belgian GP.

In short:
The London GP was never going to happen
The France/Belgium alternating deal seems dead in the water
The Spa race organisers hope for a new contract through to 2016 - with a reduction in their fees from $21 million to $19 million - the race currently makes a loss o roughly $5 million per year.

mjo

Good news on the Spa front, was never gonna be happy with France and Belguim sharing a slot on the calendar. Spa fully deserves it slot to be on the calendar year in year out.

Just when you thought F1 couldn't get any more metal, Greece, yes thats completely bankrupt pennyless Greece have submitted a proposal to Todt and Ecclestone fora Grand Prix. The street circuit around the marina of Piraeus (10 miles from Athens and a big tourist destination) is being backed by Greece's current sports minister who is quoted as saying "Well the Germans have given us all this money we might as well piss em off by giving it to Bernie" ............actually he might not be quoted as saying that. I might have made that bit up but he is in full support and the Grand Prix is a real prospect apparently

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/282523/new-proposal-revealed-for-greek-grand-prix/

Back
Top Bottom