Movies Film Thread

What is it with Frozen. My Granddaughter watches it every day, if she can, loves the songs,has a frozen dressing up dress,and a frozen shopping bag.
????

Watched Paddington Bore yesterday.

Funniest part was when it was totally silent and Maya said: "I hope she dies because she's not a nice person".

Harsh but fair I thought.

I can actually think of two sequels that I considered better than the original film. I thought that "Road Warrior" and "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome" were much better than "Mad Max" which seemed rather dire to me.

Can anyone else pass along sequels which fit this distinction?

I reckon Aliens was better than Alien.

And

Rocky 3 and 4 were better than Rocky and Rocky 2

Also

Predator 2 with Danny Glover was better than Predator...

Last edited:
I think that I would add "2010" to the list as well.

I always thought that the snack bars at the theaters showing "2001" should have been selling alcohol and recreational drugs, as maybe that would have made the movie make sense!

It's not often I disagree with you but Rocky 4 is several times worse than Rocky. Rocky doesn't even do a Hollywood ending and have the plucky underdog win. It's a great film. Rocky 2, well yeah you may have a point there but come on. Rocky 4 oh no no no.

:D

I have never seen any of the Rocky movies because of the presence of Stallone. He and Norris both managed to make Schwartzenegger (?) seem like the second coming of Olivier and Bogart combined!

It's not often I disagree with you but Rocky 4 is several times worse than Rocky. Rocky doesn't even do a Hollywood ending and have the plucky underdog win. It's a great film. Rocky 2, well yeah you may have a point there but come on. Rocky 4 oh no no no.

:D
But it had a giant Russian who smacked Carl Weathers in the head surely that has got to count for something?

While James Brown sang Living in America in the background. Hmmm. Anyway, Carl Weathers redeemed himself by playing Chubbs in Happy Gilmore.

Back
Top Bottom