Current Ferrari

Discussion in 'Teams' started by FB, Jul 27, 2011.

1. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    yes very sad news, I see a big tribute to Sergio Marchionne on sunday :disappointed:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to remove all adverts.
  3. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

It was expected, yet it caught us surprised, and unprepared.
    Good bye Mr. Marchionne.

RIP Sergio.

4. Olivier

Olivier Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    :(
    He was still young (66). It all feels so sudden. Washington Post is saying Cardiac Arrest the cause of death

5. Greenlantern101

Greenlantern101 Super Hero And All Round Good Guy Contributor

Featured Threads:
    66 is young these days. Interesting what effect it will have on Ferrari.

6. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

GP247 - Editor

The former Phillip Morris man also indicated that Ferrari will continue to be backed by Marlboro for the foreseeable future, “There is a contract until 2020. This is a relationship that has lasted for 45 years and has brought us mutual benefits. I believe it will continue this way.”. Camilleri’s appointment also strengthens the hand of his former Marlboro colleague Maurizio Arrivabene, the pair worked together at PMI for two decades.
    What changes, if any, one can expect at Ferrari since there is long working relationship between those two men?

I take crack at it:
    1. Kimi will stay for another year. Arrivabene is found of him.
    2. Camilleri will be inclined to receive Arri's counsel regarding proposed changes in regulations.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  7. Izumi

Izumi Points Scorer

Another floor upgrade for Ferrari. Hopefully it will be a "good thing". Sounds like positive piece of news (to some of us).

8. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Il_leone, FB, no-FIAt-please and 2 others like this.
  9. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    Fasinating appartantly ferrari have removed all updates of their big upgrade package from Singapore. This weekend & all of a sudden performance has comeback. So maybe vettel is a part of problem but the title could be lost by the designers

10. Titch

Titch Champion Elect Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Fantasy F1 Profile:
    FF1 Profile
    On a serious note, I really hope that Ferrari, Mercedes and one other team are fighting each other every week.

F1Brits_90 likes this.
  11. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    If the cause of Ferrari's 2018 implosion is due to upgrades that were actually downgrades – and then weren't binned for four or five races – surely heads must roll, one head perhaps.

Bill Boddy likes this.
  12. Bill Boddy

Bill Boddy Professional layabout Premium Contributor

I concur vintly, did no-one look at the data and compare it with the immediate preceding races? Even the radio and tv commentators remarked on it.

13. vintly

vintly Mostly bacon Premium Contributor

Featured Threads:
    Bill Boddy And if it really does turn out that instead of adding the upgrades, actually doing nothing would have won them the championship, then it'll go down as one of the worst cock-ups in the history of F1. (NB my knowledge of historic F1 cock-ups is not extensive.)

I doubt it's quite that simple, but if Ferrari continue to perform as well as they did in Austin, for the remainder of the season, then maybe it is that simple.

14. RasputinLives

RasputinLives Not dead Contributor

Featured Threads:
    I think this has been overplayed. Look at the type of Circuit CoA is. It's far more like a Monza and a Spa than a Singapore. They were probably going back to their set up for power circuits.

15. Clay

Clay Test Driver

The whole team with the exception of Raikkonen is in a mess at the moment. Vettel making too many mistakes in the races, Arrivabene and Binotto in a struggle for power since Machionne's death, and failed upgrades.

Well, they did revert to the old aero package for the Austin GP.

16. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Austin they were helped maybe that the rain washed off the grip such that there was no real data for Mercedes to benefit from and therefore it was an equalizer

17. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
  18. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    In the past month or so I think the criticism aimed at both Vettel and Ferrari have been very savage especially from the Italian media but no doubt the team despite winning on Sunday are still in disarray

The bit on Ferrari by Channel 4 before qualifying apparently Marchionne wanted Ferrari to be led by Italians like the old ways which is naive and arrogant thinking given their best years was when Todt led, Byrne designed, Brawn ran from the pitwall and Schumacher was driving which apparently annoyed various people at Maranello

It is obvious Marchionne had a presence about him when he spoke the team listened or certainly were kept on their toes a bit more , Arrivabene does not seem to be able to manage the team properly or his buddies in the hot seat

19. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Clay

There is a lot of things wrong with Ferrari

Arrivabene - prior to Marchionne it seemed like he tried to keep away from the spotlight because he feared Marchionne probably but he has not stepped up since then either. He likes Kimi

Camilleri - a businessman who knows nothing about running an F1 team

Then there is Agnelli 's grandson who again knows nothing about running an F1 team and more chosen because he is part of the family

Raikkonen - past his best despite that fairy tale win but as it was alluded in the race usually he can be indecisive and seems to wait for the pitwall to make decisions. He is not the man you want to manage through a crisis and rally the troops. However he has been badly managed by Ferrari - just how much more could he have done better or really they should have dropped him long ago

See Vettel next post

20. Il_leone

Il_leone Champion Elect

Featured Threads:
    Vettel - the mistakes keep piling up and
    Vettel mistakes 'no longer a coincidence', says Brawn

Ignoring red flags was stupid for someone of his experience
    His pass on Ricciardo - he still managed to slide and hit the Red Bull even though this time he had more room to play with. As Martin Brundle said it is almost as if Seb has lost the art of overtaking

The Italian press are really savaging him and cutting him up

Glock has 'rarely' seen Vettel so hurt

Seb is feeling the drain of fighting the politics at Ferrari and interestingly

'Vettel spending more time with Red Bull'

Now I wonder how much will he tolerate and is he going the same away as both Prost and Alonso did in speaking out against the politics and fines himself out of a drive

If Red Bull can rehire Kyvat why should they not rehire Vettel.? although that would seem to require Verstappen to move unless Vettel accepts a lesser status which I don;t he will to go back to Red Bull

His situations reminds me of Alonso appearing more often with Flavio and chatting with his old Renault team than with Ron Dennis at Mclaren

21. F1Brits_90

F1Brits_90 Race Winner

Featured Threads:
    very interesting breaking news from the official F1 wensite who im not used to this as they usually only report on fact but they posted. that Abu Dhabi GP was also the final time that we saw Maurizio Arrivabene at race weekend as Ferrari team principal. Gazzetta dello Sport have reported Technical Director Mattia Binotto has ousted Arrivabene after reportedly tensions between them 2 grew & confirmation could be as soon as later today

Report: Arrivabene to be replaced by Binotto | Formula 1®

Ferrari, che rivoluzione! Arrivabene ai saluti, Binotto al comando

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    gethinceri likes this.

Share This

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use it, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice