Double Points in the Final Race

How about a system which rewards podium finishes. Maybe issue a kind of "Points" system, for positions one, two and three. Maybe call it Gold, Silver and Bronze. Then you can use a table similar to that used in the olympics to determing the victor at the end of the year.

Why not you back to the system prior to 1991? When only 75% of the a driver best result counts, you get situations where a team can take a risk for a race, cause not every race counts.

That system came under a lot of criticism, and considering that you are racing the full calendar, it doesn't make much sense that only 75% of the drivers best result should count. It should be over the course of the full season.

I think the previous points system should come back, but I don't think it will, it might need a few tweaks, such as the winner should get a point more so there's more of a difference to winning.

The current points system is fine IMO.

Each race is worth the same amount of points as all the others. 25 points offers just enough incentive for a win, but no so much that a few wins ends the title. Points down to tenth place is ok, it allows the smaller teams the chance to fight for something, particularly later in the race. I know some of you old school guys like points down to 6th because it meant so much to score then, but the situation is different now, the reliability achieved with the V8 engines and gearboxes simply didn't allow the same opportunities.

God damn knee-jerk reactions...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I find the whole debate rather strange. I wonder how many drivers and teams actually need messing around with points, bonus points, medals, cups, garland and/or bunch of pretty flowers systems to give them more incentive to win? It seems to me that anyone without the desire and ambition to win would not last five minutes in F1. The whole double points thing is bollocks. To put it in cliche terms, the bunch who do the best job will rise to the top and take home the bacon regardless.

From an old bloke who thinks there are more important things to get excited about.LOL

? It seems to me that anyone without the desire and ambition to win would not last five minutes in F1. The whole double points thing is bollocks. To put it in cliche terms, the bunch who do the best job will rise to the top and take home the bacon regardless.

From an old bloke who thinks there are more important things to get excited about.LOL

Martin Whitmarsh has lasted several decades, risen to the top and has only just had an apple stuffed in his gob! :sick:

Back
Top Bottom