Double Points in the Final Race

Was this actually Bernie's idea or something the FIA conjured up? I know Bernie wants to extend it to three races but I'm not sure the original idea came from him.

If this foolishness really does go thru, Bernie (curse him) may actually accomplish what I have always thought impossible--getting me to NOT watch F1!

Was this actually Bernie's idea or something the FIA conjured up? I know Bernie wants to extend it to three races but I'm not sure the original idea came from him.[/quot

---------------------------

Well that's a funny thing because originally we were led to believe in initial reports that the idea had come from the commission to improve the spectacle in F1 racing, in part made up of the leading six teams. Then were told Mercedes and Ferrari were in favour of it. However when each member and representatives of teams were individually interviewed it turned out that none of them welcomed the idea and none were in favour, and that they would oppose it. So it just begs the question, who exactly came up with the plan and who enforced it?...

Last edited:
Yes, but when was the last time Jacques Villeneuve had anything good to say about F1? His "Raw Neuve" (shudder) column in F1 Racing mag was an unending litany of gripes, carps and moans, as I recall. I see he's doing Rallycross now - how much longer before he's competing in the 2CV 24 hrs, or the Lawnmower World Cup?:snigger:

I was going to sit down and work out what difference double points at the last race would have made in the last four years and do the same thing for double points at the final three races and then I couldn't be arsed....

Just have a look at the top 6 WDC finishers from 2012 under the one double race system.

CTA.png

I think (apart from Mephistopheles :p), we can all recognise that Hamilton falling from a potential 3rd to 6th in the Championship because he was speared into by Hulkenburg in that particular race is a ludicrously disproportionate punishment. Button's rise is unfairly exaggerated.

The entire top 6 changed position! That cannot be right, if just on the basis that this race occurred in November rather than July!

Back
Top Bottom