Double Points in the Final Race

This smacks of a similar over reaction to when rugby union increased the points for a try to 7 in an attempt to get teams to try and score more tries. It made **** all difference as the defending team defended even harder to make sure the attacking team couldn't score. SNAFU at the FIA, what a bunch of knobs.

9-6-4-3-2-1 please and share the prize money with every team who have the courage (and bottomless pit of cash) to manage a season in F1.

One thing has just hit me, I'm surprised that the teams were in favor of this as it means that they potentially need to keep on developing the car even at the end of the year. Perhaps that's not such a big deal if reg changes are going to be minimized over the next couple of years (?).

Almost as good as the Lotus team's rules...

LotusF1Team-2014-rules.jpg

Why stop at half-measures? In for a penny, in for a pound, that's what I always say. Make every win after the opener worth 2x as many points as the one before it. That would make a win in the final race of a 20-race season worth 13,107,200 points. That's quite an incentive, if you ask me,.

He's not a legend, he's a very naughty boy.

(I actually think he talked some sense in that interview though for like the first time ever)

Why is the idea limited to only one race in the year? Why not have a sliding scale so that the winner of the first race gets all three points available, then the next race the second gets some as well. This could then go through the whole season culminating in the grand finale which is one of the only two races you need to win.

Back
Top Bottom